Reviews for "The Rise of a Knight"

Great

I really like the way the story is being told, great graphics, good music. My only complain would be that it was too easy, since you could just hold the a button a run, but however later on I discovered that it got hardere, especially with the spiders in the cave :) So that's a 10/10

Thanks a lot!
Yeah, I wanted the game to be very easy at first and get gradually harder. Some think that I didnt succeed in that, and others do. I think I can still improve a lot regarding combat and storytelling, but thank you so much for the review, high score and for liking the game :)

Great Game

There were only a few minor complaints about this game. My big and practically only one was what "SensitiveJerk" pointed out. When multiple enemies attack, there'll be times where you can't get out of it and have to die. The last thing was that it felt a bit repetitive after a good while, but that's how most games feel. Everything else was flawless, the music blended in perfectly. Good job!

SeethingSwarm responds:

Wow, thanks a lot. Glad you liked it!
Read my response on sensitive jerk's commments if you want...

Nice music

I agree with the previous review that the music was awesome. No, it was GREAT!!! Anyway, despite the fact that I died on my first try on the very first mission, I would still say that it was too easy. I learned that I can hold the "a" key and just run around killing enemies.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Yeah, the damn "a" key again. The main thought I had while making this game was not to make it too hard, but I guess I made it a bit too easy, or rather a bit too unbalanced. Well, Im glad you liked the game and hopefully I can improve on the sequel...

Damn, I liked it.

The music was badass, let me just say that first and foremost.

Other than a little problem of enemies ganging up and not giving any opening (especially those stump dudes who attack twice, you can't attack without being hit...) and a few glitchy things, the game is pretty straightforward. I enjoyed it tons.

If you make a sequel or a continuation, ADD THAT MUSIC!

SeethingSwarm responds:

Thank you! Glad you liked it. Yeah there are a few flaws that my poor coding skills just couldnt fix. But I have learned a lot and think that I can improve on them in the sequel. Im not sure if I'll use the same music for the soundtrack, but definitely something similar.

Decent time waster

it was fun and provided some challenge but for the sequel i suggest you create a combo system to liven things up a tad

also the map was kinda pointless as you were only side scrolling... so whats there to navigate?

theres the begining of a great game in here

SeethingSwarm responds:

Yeah the map was just there for interest's sake. I dunno, I kinda like it :)
The sequle is underway and will have many improvements and new stuff.
Thanks for the review!