Reviews for "The Rise of a Knight"

great game! sorry for double posting:(

SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTING ON MY OTHER ACOUNT RIGHT BELLOW ME I DONT GO ON THAT ONE INYMORE FOR SOME REASONS AND I AXIDENTLY THOUGHT IT WAS THIS ACCOUNT.

SORRY
AND THANK YOU

this game was really fun in the beggining and the middle but it was geting really boring.
also in the second stage i thought the game ended because it showed some of the credits.

but here is what you could improve on.

-easy to hard or godlike modes
-choice of weopon mabey? mace, slow but powerful sword fast but weak.
-mabey you could pick up there weopons
-having exp so you can lvl up and learn better spells and stronger atk
-mabey when you lvl up your weopon turns into a deadlier looking weopon of that type and is.
-like i said it got boring mabey you could run into a small group of rogues or something and when you beat them you collect items on your way to castles/caves or something.

here is what i liked.

-the random kinds of characters lol like that black fluff guy
-the special attacks
-the graphics wher amazing
-i liked shield and how it would bend like you wher actually being attacked
-the story line
-the difficulty not to easy not to hard
-how you could attack behind you haha ***runs swinging my sword while the spider chases after me**
-the bosses

and alot of other things that made this game one of my favorites

i love this game! hope you make more like this with the improvments i said in mind and others.

10/10

ahh what the heck 5/5

imaan mirzaie-nejad

SeethingSwarm responds:

No worries about the double posting. It would only be cruel if you did it to down-vote this game or something. Here's my response again:

Thanks for the great review!
I am making a sequel for this game, and I am taking all your reviews and comments in consideration. There will be a lot of improvements and new stuff and off course a conclusion to the story. My coding skills are much better now, and I hope it will show. I know of all the glitches and will try to improve on them. Glad you liked the game so much. Thanks!

alright

it was really fun in the beggining and the middle but it was geting really boring.

but here is what you could improve on.

-easy to hard or godlike modes
-choice of weopon mabey? mace, slow but powerful sword fast but weak.
-mabey you could pick up there weopons

9/10

ahh what the heck 5/5

imaan mirzaie-nejad

SeethingSwarm responds:

Thanks for the great review!

Well..

The artwork was well thought out
the enemies weren't repeditive

but after a couple of cutscenes it just got really boring
all you had to do was time the attacks
and hold your focus
it just wasn't as good as it could have been

SeethingSwarm responds:

Maybe you are right. This game was a setup for the real game to come to bring some depth and a backstory to the table. The sequel is underway and Im working on making it a bit more exciting with more flare and action...

Interesting.

Very well done, so let me get the praise out first.

Art was great, enemies were very well orginized and different. I didn't find myself fighting the same thing 50 times over. Concept was thought out, however tired and placed it is in other games. Movement was alright. The health rebuilding was nice, and when you were hit your focus went down, which made sense.

For the bad... Well...

It gets repeditive, and its not all that exciting. I don't really exspect a side scroller to be all that fun, its just really a time burner. I noticed I hardly had to jump, unless I wanted to get behind enemies, however I found out that they would just hit me, I wouldn't be able to attack, and soon found myself pressing down to block untill I timed out thier attacks. The ranged attacks were nice for a change, even though they managed to throw thier objects all the same in close range. Also, jumping seemed more like floating in air, the art for that didn't really make me imagin I was in the air, only walking up stairs, but I guess thats nit-picking. At least this wasn't turn based, but new items and new gear would make the game look so much better, as well as different attacks, and combos, just just holding down A so nothing could get close if they wern't ranged attack type. I imagined my characters arm grew tired as he spun it around and around and around, and if he played tennis his elbow had to be killing him after those heavy hits he dished out.

Finally.
It wasn't nothing to be added to favorites or something you actually wanted to beat, unless you wanted to give a good review. Its not Paladin, the flash game, but at least you didn't steal someone elses concept, change a few things, and place it it flash while wearing the "I am the best" T-Shirt.

Cool review, thanks!
I agree on all you comments and aknowledge all the flaws. My coding skills just werent good enough at the time, but I've learned a lot, and the sequel will have lots of improvements and new stuff...

great game...

fun and hard...the monsters where a bit stupid..and some of them were really hard to defeat,for the second level...but besides that..great game

SeethingSwarm responds:

Okay, thanks for the review. Glad you liked it!