Reviews for "The Rise of a Knight"

Nice graphics, no gameplay.

The graphics are nice, but there is a game ending glitch, and only 3 attacks, and the enemies out range you forcing you to use your shield the right way; however, if 2 enemies are attacking you with the right timing you will be stuck, unable to attack or fall back, you just die or block.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Sorry you thought this game was so horrible it only deserves a 1 out of ten.

not much to it

I think this was a very good idea, but not much there gameplaywise, up until the giant spider thing u can just hold "a" and right arrow and kill everything, so was kinda boring just sitting there running through with everything dieing without me having to move my fingers, a good attempt but i think there is alot of room for improvement

SeethingSwarm responds:

Thanks for the compliments. Yeah, I agree there is room for improvement. This was the best I could do at the time, but Im getting better all the time, and with the sequel, I will be bringing some new and exciting stuff to gameplay and combat.

Good atmosphere, okay combat, some mistakes

Not a bad attempt, and fun for a few minutes' play-through. Primary sword-attack seems too powerful once you figure it out, so I almost never used the others. Certain enemies were too easily defeated by a trick (ogre, for one: he has little ability to stop you from jumping and continuing to attack with the sword-swing). Character is missing right hand in knighting scene.
My primary beef: the cut-scenes needed a re-write, or at least a competent editor. Poor grammar, spelling mistakes, and cumbersome sentences really distracted from an otherwise interesting narrative.
Also, character-art was somewhat off, but since I can't draw worth squat, I won't complain about that! :P

As with a previous poster, I'm not sure that it is front-page material, but not a bad attempt by any means.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Well thanks anyway. I know my writing skills aint the best, I'll try to work on that for the sequel. Thanks for the review and for not being too hard on me.

The hell

Boring as hell, same shit different enemies. The only thing thats going good for this game is the gfx. I'd suggest putting some more content and making the game more difficult. There are worse games but this seriously SERIOUSLY isn't frontpage content

SeethingSwarm responds:

Okay, sorry to disappoint you.

Nice

This is a very good game.Graphics are good, Story is alright, Music is amazing (MaestroRage) and most importantly it is fun. It's challenging but not impossible. Good Job

SeethingSwarm responds:

Glad you like the game! Yeah MaestroRage is amazing. Thanks for the review!