Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "The Rise of a Knight"

Awesome Game!!

The spider level is very tough :P But I love the graphics and the plot is good. The spider boss is hard, but every good game has a tough level that is challenging. 10/10 stars ;)

SeethingSwarm responds:

Yeah, many people have complained/commented about the StormPeak caves being really hard, but once you figure out the system, its easy as pie!
Thanks for the review and compliments and glad you liked the game!

.....

great game

Thanks!

Very, very well done!

This game is now one of my favorites! The concept of having a knight saving a princess is rather original...but you have made it special in some way that i cannot explain! It's like a fairy tale were you both have the story but get a piece of the action as well.

The only things that was a bit frustrating (well mentioned too) was when you had a lot of enemies fighting you at the same time, and that there were no big bossfight at the end agains you know "The evil wizard" or something (yes there were a big goblin, but still something after him too would give the game a nice touch at the end). Personally i did not find the controls or the gameplay hard if you use the shield a lot (you are bound to do it =P).

Anyway the graphics are great and the gameplay is great. I hope there will be a sequal soon!

SeethingSwarm responds:

Thank you very much! I worked hard on the atmosphere of the game and Im glad you liked it so much that its one of your favorites. Let it be the first to go onto your list of faves :) Anyway, I agree the ending is a bit of an anti-climax, but it does set the tone and background for the sequel which is well underway already. Im hoping to finnish it soon, but I dont want to rush it. I want to improve on all the flaws that exists in this game, so it might take a while still. Im glad you liked the graphics and thanks a lot for the review!

good game

its very good but a little faster and also the enmys attack are annoy when there like 4 diffrent montsers with fiffrent attacks i cant swing so i just say add another move that doenst do much dmage but stops enemys from attack so much also the guard is such a lair everytime he says if you tell me where she is ill spare your life shes her the goblin said the the gaurd with one quick swing cut his head off thats very mean lol.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Yeah :) The guard is under a lot of stress and does whatever he can to get information. He even lies. Well, he's not perfect and lives in a much more barbaric time than we do. Goblins are considered vile, and lying to a goblin to save the life of a Princess is not considered wrong in that world. Even killing a goblin without reason is accepted.

I agree with you about the moves. It would have been better if the guard had more attack moves and if the combat system wasnt so flawed. Many have complained about it and I am keeping it all under consideration while making the sequel.

Thanks for the review!

It was ok

I liked it but it seem a bit to slow paced for me and when a bunch of enemies are on me it's a bit hard to counter them besides just putting up you shield till you're full health but even then the rangers and ones with longer ranged weapon are hard to hit. I couldn't really get far with this however the looks were nice and the death scenes were very good and enjoyable to see. And as a first game I have to say great job.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Thanks. I am still pretty new with flash games, but this was not my first game. I submitted The Rise of a Knight under my new username SeethingSwarm, but there are 2 other games and a few movies of mine submitted under my old username SecretSecretary. Check them out if you get the chance :)

I agree this game does get a bit slow-paced at times, but I guess its just a matter of opinion if you like it or not. I think it added to the atmosphere and immersiveness. Thanks for the review!