Reviews for "Russians again?"

hai thar

i liked the bubbles at the beginning. they looked awfully, neat, but then comes the motherland's flag. it looks sloppy - the lines aren't cleaned up very well and it needs some more animation; it's a bit jerky. the guy pushing the button looks pretty stylish, but i really don't like the green lines. there's no green in the environment, and he's wearing all black, so why is there green? i think a white outline would have done you justice on that scene. i noticed that the reflection wasn't a true reflection, but just a transparent version of the guy. i think, that if you had taken the time to draw a proper reflection (meaning, FINGERS), that it would have looked a lot nicer. the sound quality of the speech is good, though. no crackles or bumps or obnoxious breathing sounds to be heard. i like how smooth the missile-tracking lines move in the next scene, but the U.S. diverting them to Africa? i dunno, seems a bit devious. wouldn't we shoot them down?

then comes this next scene...the abrupt change in art style here really disrupts the atmosphere, here. it's far too cartoony and jagged. the semi-3d missile looks ok until it rotates downward, more. then it just looks like a load of multi-colored polygons. and then..it just ends. it seemed like far too short of a movie with this abrupt ending. i suppose one could make that into a positive, in that it didn't overstay its welcome, but i think it could have gone on a bit longer, going into detail of the ramifications the nuclear war caused.

pretty good movie, mr. Dew. a few flaws here and there, and it's a bit short, but other than that, it's pretty good.

Dew responds:

Haha, you're not a bad reviewer at all are you? You managed to get a lot of good points in your review, I like that. This submission happens to be an intro for another future submission. You made me laugh more than a few times, well worth asking you to review. Nice.

ok--

it was ok

Okay.

Nice

I thought that the storyline was actually scary. Scary in the way that this might actually happen, i mean there was the cold war right? What's stopping them from doing it again.
Real nice job, I'd suggest more animation next time. I don't know how to myself, but putting a loading screen + replay button would be nice, actually scratch the replay button part. If Magical trevor dosen't need one neither do you.

Dew responds:

Ha,ha,ha, thanks for the review.

Meh...It was allright

This is certainly not an excellent flash but not saying that its bad either. Its good in its own storywise way, but flash is what we're here for, and I give you a 7 for effort.
Keep on making flashes and don't give up for whatever reason, you have a good thing going on here.

Lawl, okay.

For the response

Hmm where's the proper bar preloader. A replay but would be nice so you know it doesn't loop. Huzzah for some of the graphics boo the rest.

Thanks... >_>