Reviews for "LOVEBLIMP"

Okay

It didn't really have too much going on and the animation wasn't all that adventurous to start with. The menu was okay, simple and easy to use, the graphics where pretty decent too although there could have been more maybe clouds or something. Some explosion effects too, the movement of the blimps was pretty good though.

The music was good, and the sound, but I just couldn't really see the text fitting in all that well. It did work as showing what it was about but maybe it could have been done a little diffrent, not sure how. The movement of the blimps was slow but I would expect that, so that's okay. On a whole, it was kind of short and didn't have too much happening, expanding would have been nice.

3/5

= Review Request Club =

WritersBlock responds:

Thanks for the review. Yeah, this animation is far from a masterpiece, and if I did make it again, I'd probably change so many things. Your comments were very helpful, I appreciate it a lot. ^_^

\m/

The phrase "Make Love Not War" squeezed into a tiny little flash... and it turns out pretty well!

Even though the flash is quite short and the graphics are a bit sloppy I like this flash. The message is transported simple and well.

You chose the music very well, as every piece suits the scene it is used in.

But you should try to improve you graphics. As I've already written, they seem to be kind of sloppy. Maybe using a smaller tool can help you here. And sometimes one has to draw a line serveral times before it is perfect ;) . This is of course hard work, but I think at the end of the day it will pay off and resulting in a higher score.

{ Review Request Club }

WritersBlock responds:

Thanks, yeah, the graphics were rushed, I started and finished it on valentines day, so, very tight schedule, but with some more time I've got a better attention to neatness and detail (but even there, I'm still looking for lots of helpful tips). Flash isn't really my domain, but at the same time, I've got an affinity for all forms of media, and I like to play around in flash and see what results will come out. I'm glad you liked the message, I think that it's something that's not told enough, so I'm really glad that came through the sloppy graphics.
Thanks for your review.

nice

My day has just been made =D

xD

Thanks, have a cow.
]=(:)

Didn't need those capital letters. :p

- Good stuff -
Well blimps are very under-used in flashes so another star for originality. Very good for your first animation becase it had all the things a decent flash needed. Good music that suits it and all the right colourse being used, also it some unusual humourism to it. The rainbow was pretty cute and it made it all up for me. <3

- Bad stuff and improvments -
It was a bit short and could of done with a bit more of a story line because it felt a bit limited in that department. You could add more of a story with it by:
Having some bad realationship with the blimps and then something came along to brighten up their day.
Like this flash did with me.

= Review Request Club =

WritersBlock responds:

Thanks for the review. Yeah, I love the blurred rainbow on the pink background. I had a lot of fun messing with filters and gradients and junk to create all of the backgrounds, but that had a nice touch.
Yeah, the way I built it up and turned it around was pretty lame. For some reason I thought the static movement of the blimp yelling "STOP" would be funny. It's definitely not the best plot I've written, so hopefully next time I'll have a smoother plot.
Cheers for the tips.

Funny

This is nice for the occasion. The art was acceptable and the music was nice, a bit short, but thats not an actual problem.
Nice work.

Thanks.

Yeah, if I do some more animating in the future, graphics and length would be the first things I'd want to improve on.

Cheers for the review.