Reviews for "Medieval Cowboys"

Rawr.

Rawr. This is very nice, I have nothing to criticize. So well done and I need to make some more music too. I am sure I remember you, at least your music.

Tomppaah responds:

Yes you do, and thank you! :D

Hey, that rhymes...

Medieval Cowboy Pirates! :D

^^^
This song has so much epicness in it!
I can hear so many themes in here, and the mixing is incredible! The quality of every instrument is certainly there, and it brings this song to life!

Good job! 5/5, 10/10!

Well, you're epicness incarnated! Thank you so much! :D

Love it

Wow. You've got such a massive range of styles. I've honestly never heard anything like this from you before, and I can really tell you had a blast making it. The only problem with it is that there's not enough of it. Really nice work! Also sorry if this review comes out as a little half-arsed. It's pretty late here.

To begin with, this sounds incredibly realistic. I guess you can't expect a lot less from East/West instruments, but I have the exact same plugin as you and yet my songs don't come anywhere close to as realistic as this. You've added plenty of dynamic variation to brighten up the piece and give it that touch of realism and authenticity which makes all the difference.

When listening to this track, I've noticed that you really know your way around the orchestra. You effortlessly glide from one song section to another, carry the melody by a variety of different instruments, and if I had to attempt something like this I'd make a total mess of it, but you do an amazing job of keeping such a wonderful, flowing sound which isn't too cluttered but isn't too simple either.

Regarding composition, there isn't much to be desired. The melody screams the word 'cowboy' to me and the instrumentation/structure give this song a nice medieval feel to it, so I can't say the title doesn't do this song justice. This honestly sounds like it came straight out of a fantasy movie because of such high production value.

The transitions were so smooth. You had instances when the song is soft, and suddenly it gains a burst of energy (0:36), yet the transitions between each section were great. The transitions are among the best I've heard in a very very long while, and the intro and outro are superb too. Awesome work.

Lastly, I'll comment about the percussion, even though there isn't that much to say about it. I'll just say that it was really fitting. The crash cymbals were used sparingly but effectively, and the tambourine and snare both kept up a great rhythm. No issues with the percussion either.

All in all, I have no suggestions to improve this, other than to extend it. It just sounds so fun to listen to as it is now, and I really wish there was more of it. Still, I enjoyed this a lot - keep up the great work, and keep on pumping out them awesome songs plz.
10/10
5/5
Download.
Fav'd.

-Review Request Club-

Game music!

wow, somehow this song made me think of the Zelda games.
the happy and joyfull melody would fit perfectly in the background, when you'r in a peacefull village in the game. PUT THIS IN A GAME hahaha ;D

Tomppaah responds:

Thank you! ;) Oh, If only I could do that. Guess I'll have to wait for someone to make a game for me. :>

Cuuuuttteee!

Of course, I love anything medieval, and this definitely fit the bill.

I think what did it for me, the most, was the seamlessness in terms of moving the melody throughout all of the instruments (starting primarily at 1:09). It's almost chaotic...

But in a great way!

I agree with Blazing's comment with the snares. Honestly, the percussion in general. They all fit snuggly into the context of the song without being overpowering or overbearing.

You even had the melody simmer down at 1:17.

All in all, I greatly enjoyed this (as usual).

Keep up the awesome work!