Reviews for "NGHH'11 - MadFLeX vs Gasmasq"

Worth the wait!

This final battle was completely worth the wait. I enjoyed how it was edited to sound like a real battle which added to the hype of listening to a battle. There was a lot of originality on both ends as well as clarity.
I loved both of yalls flows aand i have no idea who to vote for... TOO CLOSE!!

My vote goes to

Madflex. Honestly, he brought better energy, flow and disses. I fell off my last verse with the shit going on with my fam, but that's not an excuse. Flex definitely showed that, regardless of his lack of available hip hop tracks, he had the balls to stand with the best and take the cake.
i'm glad I made it this far in the comp and have mad respect to ALMOST all of the other emcees who competed.
WHO'S READY FOR SOME CYPHERS?

Humm.....

MadFLeX spitted out Some freakin' Godly rhymes....
GasmasQ nice rhymes too, but You sounded way Too much "I'm The Bad Boy, N***ah!"
and Both MCs spitted godly... And I still don't know Who I decide....
Well, i'm not gonna judge "who I think that is the coolest". Let's Get Into
the fire therapy of Voting!
GasmasQ:
When breathing, get your mouth out of The Mic. It annoyed me a little bit. At every phrase you said, you stopped. It was like last year, the worst battle of the last year:
"Gasmasq vs RetributionVox".
MadFLeX:
.....

Grades:
GasmasQ: 8,5
MadFLeX: 9,1
Vote: MadFLeX

Madflex.

Better flow, harder punches, and he knows when to turn the heat up in his language.

MadFlex V1 - Fancy a-a hype filler, name diss, Hazardous Materials diss, philosophy diss, mayor diss, Nimbus/Cynic name drop, transitive property diss, fake accent diss. Damn. Wow. Consistent flow and look at all those goddamn punches. Couldn't make out the 'attach and you're on your ass crack' line.

Gasmasq V1 - Nice transitive property flip but lacking in clarity (saddest of the variables is constants or class of the variables?), nice letter/better/clever follow-up, addressing the redundancy of MadFlex's rhyme scheme is great, attacks a majority of his bars in one fell swoop, nice name diss, only hip hop in this competition, didn't understand the ass crack flip (see above), master of ceremonies seemed a little awkward and broke the flow. Overall great verse, stayed on subject TENACIOUSLY. Each bar felt it had relevance to the last one for the majority of the verse.

MadFlex V2 - Immediate re-flip of the transitive property line, star overnight is another great flip, publicist, open mic, cracker diction (repeated from previous verse, uh...), alt account diss, Skype diss, something quick about Grim that I didn't catch, algebra (didn't he already flip that line at the beginning?), homeless diss. Hard verse, still consistent, a few personals and some flips this time.

Gasmasq V2 - Runs off beat a little bit. Name diss is a personal but kind of weak, tampon line is okay but seems a little late, it belonged in the first verse. 'Took another rapper's name' should have either been next to the first name diss or left out entirely. Live with your parents is a weak diss since he just attacked you for being HOMELESS. Wastes a few bars on closing the battle.

Gasmasq put up a hell of a fight but dropped the ball a bit on the second verse and overall MadFlex buried Gas in his own dirt. Top battle though.