Reviews for "Condescending Mirage"

My younger self and I would almost definitely hate each other. My younger self was a tactless jerk and my younger self would think I was a boring idiot.

G3no responds:

i do have that mind set, i would like to slap that little fuck a bit

It hurts how much this speaks to me, really. I look back and remember my elementary school self and think of all those things I expected to have accomplished by now, and not a damn thing really came out of it all. Those hollow dreams ended up being just that. And it hurts.
But fuck it. I mean it hurts, but it's like a motivational hurt I guess. Like a fire lit under my ass to actually do something with my time, instead of lettin' it go by and feeling like crap about it a decade later. Thanks for that.

As for the actual artwork, I think it's really charming. Like, if it were a cartoon, I'd watch the shit outta that show. I'm not a visual artist, so take this with a heavy grain of salt, but I think the "Success" sign looks a little weird; It's not done the same as the rest of the background elements like the cacti and such, but rather like the characters. Was that intentional, to draw the viewer's eyes to it? Seems a little unneeded, but like I said, I'm not a visual artist. Anyway, that's my only gripe. I find everything else pretty damn wonderful.

G3no responds:

nah, you are right , the sign came out wierd because it was the first thing i drew and started to add things along the way. due to lack of effort i left it that way. the angle is messed up too , i thought it was ok enough. it drew attention towards it.

hope you are ok

It's a nice image, slightly funny.
However in regards to your comment on the picture, I must say that my younger self would kill me, literally, after all, I were a hopeful and kind kid, I'm a bitter, hopeless, spiteful bastard now.
I rather not think about what would happen if I met a younger version of me, the thought is too terrifying. My younger self would've expected me to have 1 to 2 Nobel prizes by now, or be a chess Grand Master or something.