Reviews for "Dinok"

good but really difficult

how on earth are u meant 2 get past the room where there is a guy in a cape sendin oders to slaves 2 kill u,cos dere is no doors to get out of!!!!!

i am really confused so if u can tell me plz do!!! Also the missile does not work on him.

p.s i was wondering if by any chance there is or will be a "dinok 2"

smokinjoeevil responds:

That dude in the "cape" is the end boss, and to kill him, you have to set fire to the boxes using Grundzot's fire-breath, load them into the catapults, and then launch them at Mr. Man. You do this until he dies. And the little henchmen spear-chuckers are there just to make a mess of things while you're trying.

As far as "Dinok 2", I hadn't really thought about it. I've mostly moved on to other things, and this didn't really receive attention enough to warrant going down that road. People who took the time to play it seemed to have liked it well enough... but I think the subject matter is just too tame for many. Which means it's not a crowd-pleaser, and probably not worth my time invested in it if it isn't going to provide me some gain back.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the review. Glad you stuck with it and got so far into the game! Sorry the boss battle solution wasn't more apparent.

good except a few things

A great lost vikings like game. I like it, but I miss a few feature: the ability to save, and load. And I found a bug: when you get on the 1st vulcano level, someone falls in the pit, it is lost, becouse it respawns just above the pit again.

smokinjoeevil responds:

Thanks for the review, and mention of the bug. I'll have to fix that. I don't know how many of those little nuances I already tracked down and squashed. Glad you liked it.

nod bad

I only gave you a 7 because i found the music repetative and i found the dinos to move too slow.

Nice concept, good looks would be great if you make it sound better and give the dinos a bit more speed.

smokinjoeevil responds:

Relative to their size I thought their speeds were appropriate... but it wouldn't hurt the gameplay any if they moved a bit faster I suppose... and it would probably make it a faster play-through, which may keep people's attention better.

Abtwat, thanks for the review.

hmm.........

This is quite ok but better if there are cheats for grundzot................

Good idea!

I realy like the idea of three characters and how they have different abilities. The graphics were decent. The whole game felt a little stiff and the music was horrible.

But it was a realy good idea and it was good shot!

Good going! Keep'em comin ;)

smokinjoeevil responds:

Heh... with the music I was going for something somewhat light-hearted, with tribal-type drums and melody... but I am definitelyl not a pro at creating tunes... I'll be the first to admit that.

I do agree that the game is somewhat "stiff". It has to do with the more analog control over pushing things and movement. It isn't tile-based, so the range of movement and interaction with objects is somewhat clunky and forces you to learn the ins and outs before you can maneuver fairly deftly. I have to admit that some things aren't as straight-forward to accomplish as they could be.

Thanks for the review, and I'm glad your overall impression was positive.