Reviews for "-ganon95- Bit.trip Part3- VOID"

Epic

I got to say im not really into to much 8 bit type music but this was awwwwsome. I was listening to this while programing a game and I was lost in the music. Well to start off the first thing I remember is the synths I was digging the sound and the rythm ecspecially around 4:10 I was think mario for some reason. The atmosphere sounds and what I believe to be pad somewhere in the there where the perfect fit. Love the piano and the drums well when there where drums where mixed in perfectly not to hard and not to soft. Keep doing what you do.

oh i will continue XD

yea i guess that part at 4:10 does have a slight 'mario' feeling to it. interesting perception of it though!

theres alot of pads here so saying 'the pad' can be referring to a few things lol.

hmm

the music itself was well presented.
it gave a feel of unbeknownst atmosphere.
the only way i could describe this is a 3D piece i made, my latest in fact.

it perfectly describes the void and the one object alienated in the whole scene.

the rythmic techtonic plates reverbing in my head felt like the earth and sky were melding together in a halcyonic storm.

this was pretty good, for an 8-bit though it didn't feel much 8-bitness but rather calm synths.

l8s

ganon95 responds:

well its not meant to be 100% 8-bit its more of a 'modern 8-bit' just like bit.trip is.

gladja liked it ^.^

Thats totally badass :D

i wish i could make music :D

ganon95 responds:

try it, you will probably like it

Nice!

Great mix, but it didn't fully sound like a video game song, just around 4:00.

ganon95 responds:

its based on a video game and it has so many genres this is the only one that fits

hey man :D

You know how much i love your shit xD. Definitly the best 8-bit style out there... or atleast that i know.

0:00-0:25 Awesome use of... are those just samples? damn you sure know how to use your samples! can definitely feel the build to it, great use of reverb!

0:35-1:30 Great transitioning and love the melodies so far :3 great original style with a great vibe to it!

1:30-3:00 awesome instrument sectioning. still epic vibe to it and the production quality is great so far.

3:00-3:40 great transitioning again, everything comes together in a great package, seems the melody keeps on morphing while still staying the same, wich is a great effect!

3:40-4:57 Great instrumental chose, i really like those percs and the clarinet sounds divine. Lol that cheerful bass riff really gets to me and it sound very pro and well done.

4:57-6:20 Great change of pace, really feeling different now even tho the melody is still the same. I can see how you really took the stylings of the game to heart. that guitar in the background sounds sweet. and the strings go very well with the rest.

6:20-7:25 very good percussion work here. and those samples you used in the background sound totally bad ass. The strings coming in sounds very well and really add a sense of mystery to the whole track at that time.

7:25-8:30 I love how you just cut to another melody in the middle of everything. The change of pace went very well with the track's style. everything sounds very clean and calculated at this point. I like it.

8:30-9:30 although this has to be my least favorite melody so far you do have very good pad work here and all the instrument sell the melody very well. I like the percussion work allot too.

Outro: wow lol that is some wicked build. Very trippy stuff indeed. very epic effect work.

Overall: I think you can guessed that i loved this allot. In fact i cant really give you any true criticism because i'm not very experienced in 8-bit so i can't truely tell what is done on purpose and what isnt. But over all you sold your idea very well and this has to be my favorite of your 8-bit tracks so far. Please never stop producing!

Review Request Club

ganon95 responds:

sup dude! didn't know you were part of the RRC, sweet!

actually that first bit is a recording of the first cutscene in ID with some effects added, its still pretty cool though huh?

I think one of my fav. parts of this song is the desert-sounding clarinet :P i like how the bass line kinda cuts off quickly instead of being a solid bass, definitely something you don't hear much.

glad you liked it enough to give a sweet review :P im only half done so trust me, theres more :P