Reviews for "Knight Tactics"

I like, I like

There are a few things I don't like, first off. Sometimes your view is really messed up and you can't see someone, although this happens even in commercial games sometimes, so it can't be helped too much. Also, an archer can't even shoot until I buy a skill, so he wasn't very useful at first. Sometimes attacks occur on far parts of the screen and I don't see what happens. I also think the gameplay would have worked better if you couldn't pass through enemies.

The gameplay is obviously inspired by Final Fantasy Tactics, and while I like that you've put your own spin on things, with some changes to the jobs, I think the fact that story mode is so similar to FFT is sort of a weakness. Your first fight is against Squires and Chemists, then a party with a Thief, and the one with Wizards, etc. It all reminds me so much of the similar levels in FFT.

The graphics are a little plain but very functional. At least it has its own style to it and the jobs aren't hard to tell apart. Still, even though you can change jobs at will and you don't level up, being able to name characters would have been a nice touch.

It was a simple but good choice to add a music on/off feature, because it could get a little repetitive, although you chose some decent songs and they suited the game just fine. Sound effects were pretty simple, I didn't notice a whole lot of them, but they were fine too.

The story is bland, really. It doesn't take anything away from the game but it doesn't add much either. There's so little dialogue that it would be hard to tell much of a story, and it's so similar to FFT that I think of this more as a sort of flash tribute to that game. Hell, I would collab with you on characters and story if you did a similar game in the future, because I just think you either weren't trying very hard on that aspect, or it isn't your strong point, no offense or anything. Obviously I think your point was to make the game, not tell some really long or complicated story, and so for that I don't really penalize you on the score, just pointing it out.

All in all, I would really like to see more of your work in the future. You put together a solid flash that's well fleshed-out and easy to pick up and understand, as well as having a lot of gameplay to it.

Really Great!

Needs more classes but still impressive!

EffEffTee

(Read entire review if you want to flame me) You have to face the facts, right when I started playing this game I thought of it, this has the exact type of fighting the game does. I don't get how you think the only link is medieval themes. The percentages are the same for a hit( although missing 4 times in a row with 80% CtH is a bit of an enigma) the height bonuses are the same, the location bonuses and penalties are the same, how can you not compare this to it if you've played it before.

I'm not comparing them for rating ( seeing as your not an entire multi-million dollar company) but they are nearly the same in essence. For a flash game like this one, this is a very good game. The amount of variation you can have is very detailed and the variety of classes and class skills is very good, Graphics were ok (could be improved, but I guess the only thing annoying was the hit chance stuff. It wasn't very accurate for me and I base lot of my tactics on placement for most efficient CtH. I think this could make it to front-page (considering how long some of the game up there have stayed) so 9/10 4(5)/5

i agree

i agree with Espda and think that this game might be worse than FFT (GBA) i still dosent suck.. and besides its hard to beat a game that good... final fantisy is the best rpg around rather than playing Ratiata Stories all day!

Bug! But i'm lovin the game!

There's a bug on the 5th lvl where one of the alchemists runs off the map and i can't get to him... If you rush past the archers the alch's don't know what to do and freak out and then one of them cheats causeing a stalemate wich is the equivilant of me restarting the bloody level.

:D Love'd FFT and i love this game ~