For the month of February we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 201 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in March!

Reviews for "Knight Tactics"

Might have been better but still very good

The engine is great and there are many bugs, although it was entertaining
Sometimes battlefield was confusing, some enemy units can climb 3 levels at once, my units can't. Anyway they should be able to go two levels up

Battle system is quite dull, damage is always the same, attacking from either side doesn't change anything (actually I had better chance % to hit from the front!!).

Select squad screen was confusing, the order actually mattered, and sometimes even if I was suppose to be the attacking side, enemies stormed me on the first turn. Give them some more room, and let the player choose starting location.

The levels unlock themselves even if you play the same level twice, you can skip some with this. The story might have been a little more detailed and it should feature some reward, for example a new unit.

The points system was somehow bad, sometimes an easy battle would give me more, while very hard one would results in something like 80 pts. The classes are cool, but maybe the healer should have basic healling power already. And I would like a veteran system, that you can carry units that are better over to next missions

I would suggest to team up with some graphic artist, so it doesn't feel so generic (ie units, background)

Keep up the good work, I hope there will be a sequel!

Nice

To all the idiots saying this game is "exactly like fft" for goodness sakes, grow up! You're supposed to rate the game, not the concept it was based off.

Anyway, the tactics style is an entire genre, not only limited to final fantasy tactics! All tactics games work in the way this one does.

Please, review it fairly, not based off some petty ignorance.

8/10, good game with an ambitious number of options and levels. Lacking in graphics and really needs a hotkey system for the different options, clicking takes too long!

Apart from that it's great! Ignore the stupid "zomg fft" reviewers and keep it up!

Nice

CONS: I really don't think that enemy units should be able to pass through spaces that your characters occupy. I mean, if you're trying to kill someone, would you really let them enter your personal space like that?

Also, I dislike the fact that you can't take back your characters' movements. There have been several occasions where I have lost a mission because someone was just one step away from attacking someone with a ranged attack.

PROS: Other than that, It's a great game. The customization of this game really works (I love the Knights.... HEAD BREAK!!!!), and I love the fact that there are so many missions.

All in all, a good game. Keep up the good work!
8/10
4/5

good

Im still in the process of playing this game, and im really liking it so far. The game is a BLATANT ripoff of Final Fantasy Tactics tho. I seen you rip on the last guy who said that but dude, lets be real here, this really is a condensed flash version of a REALLY awesome game, but thats not really such a bad thing. I really got a kick out of how the openeing cut scene looked exactly like the scene before the opening battle in FFT where the recruits are in the office preparing to guard the city from the thieves or whatever. The one complaint i have, and possibly im just overlooking it, but i dont really see any sort of leveling up for my party. I mean i know with the skill points we can give our party new skills and such, but i mean extra hp, or atk power and such. My one suggestion for your next version, is a freakin weapons/armor shop lol. I figured tho, if you wanted to be lazy about it, you could perhaps implement some sort of eq package system, where say level 1 eq for your guys is 500 points, and it might make the guys look a lil different, and have slightly better defense, or atk power, or somthing of that nature. Other than that, perhaps being able to combined skills with each class, so i can have a knight that can cast fire, or heal or whatever would be pretty sweet too. Im lookin forward to the game, great job with it, dont take the FFT comparisons offend you (especially when it really is so blatantly resembled), you should definitly take that as a complement that you successfuly copied a classic game in flash form. Kudos

negative on the win bug

i deleted my old file and started a new one. it still gave me a victory after the first win. very frustrating.