Reviews for "Ether Cannon"

It's just fine.

The graphics are really good and the game lives up to what you said it would be. It would have been nice if you put in a setting to lower the quality for those of us with an older computer.

Too fast

You could slow it down a little bit for the first few levels then it could speed upp even more

Thomas H Cruise, that was difficult.

Fun and fast paced, but wow. Talk about unforgiving!

Please make a sequel! Lots of potential here.

The game in itself is fast paced, fun, and has good music.

The framerate is amazing, the AI is top notch, the controls are responsive, and the visuals are rather superb. Unfortunately, that's all there is. It's too superficial. I LOVE shoot em ups, but I got bored fairly quickly with this. Once the pink bubbles started popping up, I was done.

There's no variety in the enemies. The only difference between them are color, size, and whether or not they shoot something. Once the novelty wears off, it's just a bunch of bubbles swarming you. This would have been better if there were ships and real enemies rather than just blobs. Also, the sounds are very repetitive. Aside from the turret, the blobs all sound the same when they fire and explode. Also, the upgrade system wasn't balanced. The enemies were upgrading faster than the turret does.

To me, this wasn't ready to be released. It'd make a great beta, but it isn't finished. I know that making games are very difficult, but it just screams of laziness when you use a basic shape with different colors as the enemy. A little more effort and variety would've made this game a masterpiece. But as of now, it falls short of it's potential.

If you made a sequel that delivered more, you'd have a winner on your hands. Please don't take this as criticism, I'm just giving my opinion as a gamer.

Kajenx responds:

It wasn't laziness; it was more of a design decision. Complex shapes don't render as quickly as circles, and I wanted to makes swarms of enemies. Also, the game is automatically set to low quality, but you don't notice because circles with soft edges don't need anti-aliasing.

Personally, I see the word "lazy" as rude and non-constructive, so from now on if you're just trying to give advice, you may want to choose your words more carefully.

brill but hard