Reviews for "Ether Cannon"

INTENSE!

Wow. That was SOOOO intense. With the opening text I was like... "Whoa getting a little dramatic there aren't cha?" Then with the instructions it didn't seem that difficult or interesting. right when the first level started.... BOOM! WOW! COMIN FROM ALL SIDES EXPLOSIONS! PRETTY COLOURS! SEZURES!.... no... kidding about the last one. xD But yeah intense. The only problem it's a little too hard, and there is no difficulty changer level thing, but yeah good game. Fast pace.

Like a cooler verrsion of asteroids

great job on that one

Bestest Shooter I've evar seen!

Awesome game, loved it. I died a few times, but I beat it.Except for the boss fight. I died many....many....many times. I just wish all that ether energy I absorbed could of been spent before the game ended. You know, like a sandbox mode.

fantastic

It is a remarkably well done game - great sounds and graphics, and almost perfectly balanced gameplay. I say 'almost' and I give it 9/10, because, well, there are too many unavoidable deaths. If 2 enemies wrap around the screen and come shooting from behind you, you will probably die. You may affect the proportion of times that you die, depending on your skill, but even then it is very unlikely that you will make it through the 21 levels on a single life.
The RPG upgrades are a nice idea, but when you make it to level 15 and you realize you just don't have enough shields, it could also be somewhat annoying (ie, 'do I start from the beginning and go through 90 waves again, or do I try and try and try until I get lucky enough to pass it and upgrade my shields?'). Perhaps allow limited rebalancing on rebirth?
Overall, a great effort - I highly recommend the game to anyone who enjoys shooters.

Yes, the game is very fun, but involves a bit of luck with how the enemies spawn and if you just happen to be moving in the right way to avoid them. Also it only mainly involves the 'never stop moving away from enemies and never let go of the fire button' maneuver that works most of the time and turns the difficulty into kind of an artificial, more-or-less there sort of form, on normal at least. And here's some trivia I think is interesting: while this game has a 4.05 rating here, it has a measly 3.26 rating on Kongregate, though both versions have around the same amount of plays and the game was even sponsored by Kong.

Kajenx responds:

Haha, I gave up trying to figure out what kind of game Kong likes a while ago. ^^ Though, I think for the most part, they like easy games.