Reviews for "Ether Cannon"

Great

Very fun.
I didnt have time to play over level 3 but till then its awsome.

You should try the other 18 levels, they're pretty fun too! XD

very fun

i didnt get a chance to get further into the levels only because i have to get some sleep for work tomorrow morning, but closing the browser was very difficult for this game is mad addicting. good job. i was reading through other reviews, and powerups wouldnt be a bad idea, at what intervals does your turret get stronger? (it seemed the same from 5+) and does the engine make me go faster? i noticed in your other responses you mention moving in diff directions since the enemy doesnt turn as well, but whats the change in speed for the engine upgrades? just curious

Kajenx responds:

The turret upgrades at 5, 20, 40, and 80. The engine will get you considerably faster by level 60-80, but you probably won't notice because the baddies get a lot faster too. The engine can be really helpful on the upper levels. It's a good investment if you want to go for big guns and low shield.

Thanks for the 10!

Hey! Hope for Flash Games!

Listen, this game is crazy-lovable. It was difficult, but the look + sound made it seem really professional. More than any other game on the net I've seen in a while. Ok, if I need to criticize somewhere, i guess it'd be on the difficulty. maybe an easy/hard option. then again, i didn't worry bout being killed 2 often, cause its so FLIPPIN beautiful. love it.

(i've never heard of xbox live arcade doing flash games[even though i have 360 lol] but i wouldn't be surprised. look where Alien Hominid got.)

Kajenx responds:

You know, after I built that death animation I died a lot on purpose while testing just for the fun of it. Nothing like a good explosion to lift your spirits after dieing on level 20 with a perfect score... XD

Thanks so much for the support!

Quite a bit of fun

I should mention that there is a minor bug. If you manage to cause your ship to die *after* the level ends, then you'll start in on the next level when you respawn, but will not get a chance to put in your upgrades. Having that happen at the end of level 20 was kind of annoying, but I still managed to win.

I discovered that dodging along the sides is an absolute necessity on the final boss, but the boss is relatively easy once you figure this out. Once all his cohorts are dead, it's just a matter of paying attention. I managed to get through the game without insanely powerful shields, instead choosing to focus on firepower, with a touch of engines. This was no conducive to getting high scores though, as I found myself having to restart levels many times. I'd probably have put the game down in frustration if you hadn't allowed unlimited replays of the same level. I really appreciated that particular feature. The more hardcore people going for score can still restart every time they die :)

Overall, I'd say this was an excellent diversion. Amazing job.

Kajenx responds:

Weird, what are the odds of that happening, eh? Well, at least you didn't have to replay the level. :p

I always thought the boss was easy too, but people don't seem to realize they can just move out of the way...

Thanks for the review!

I suck at this

Although its totally awesom still. I love the music and the pace and speed of it all. The rumbling effect is sweet too... although it scared me a little when I exploded and started crying but still totally awesome flash! Great game.

Kajenx responds:

Watch out for that! Haha, thanks for the review!