For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 204 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Reviews for "Ether Cannon"

this game pwns! (in two ways.......)

Great game, nice graphics, no lag to speak of, solid premise, INSANE difficulty, and overall fun times. to blazeeagle, your comments are unnecessary. Let us see you even create a 5-second Flash.

GREAT. (srry caps lol)

i dont see why everyone is saying this game is hard its not that hard just fast paced. My technique is to constantly hold down two arrow keys and shoot ahead of me. the bullets run behind youlike mines and hit he enemies. Although i did die once or twice :P

some sugestions:
dont raise how many waves their are per lvl. Its hard as it is.
more power ups!

-KFCman

Hard is a VAST UNDERSTATEMENT!

It's not hard, it's impossible & boring!

I've been a gamer for 27 years & I've experienced hard games!

Everything moves so fast that your not sure your even killing things, sheesh!

Artificially hard is how I define this aggravating, annoying game!

Can someone say frustration?!

After dying about 50 times, or more (I kid you not), I have finally defeated this abomination of a game. Screw the scoring system, I just wanted to beat this damn game, and I didn't even try for hard mode.

The graphics were pretty darn awesome. You could tell, that there was some pretty high graphics detail going on, as well as the explosions, the shots, the afterburners (or exhaust, w/e you call it), and the enemies as well.

The music was well chosen for such an outer-space game such as this. It went well with the whole shooting the gas thing and what not.

.... even though I do write more about the graphics, music, and other detail, I'm sorry, but I'm just way too damn stressed from the game.

For one, I had the absolutely hardest time trying to be lvl 3. It was so hard, I decided to quit the game, but decided to continue after I saw other reviews of how many people beat the game. (When other people beat a game that you're having a hard time beating, it makes you wanna beat that game even more. :P ) I went for a full damage build, by putting every single skill point I had into Damage, and nothing else, and it turns out it worked pretty well. (although, after about damage of 80, I could of put it on other things, but I was just making sure there was nothing else after the curvy wave shot)

One specific thing I'd like to mention is the transparent dark blue balls that flew around.... I think I speak for everyone when I say, Holy bullshit. The area of effect from those guys is completely off by at least a full inch (if you compare it to your computer screen). It was so annoying when during lvl 16, all I would constantly see is myself dying in nothingness. Absolutely nothing hit me, and no gaseous balls touched my ship, and out of nowhere, I'd just be completely obliterated. It was so infuriating, I swore I was about to just close the damn game, and curse it to absolute damnation, but I was too far to quit now, so after about dying at least a good 10, maybe 15 times at lvl 16, I beat it, and pressed on. I swear, I even died less at the boss than I did at lvl 16. *Curses lvl 16*

I really can't review anything else about this game, except if you want me to say it lacked a storyline, but meh, it's a shoot-em up space game, so it doesn't require a storyline.

I'll have to say though this was definitely one of the most challenging games I've ever played on Newgrounds, so it was pretty fun. I probably wouldn't mind playing a sequel to the game, if it ever comes out, but I'm definitely not going to try to beat this game on hard. Normal is good enough for me.

8/10 Great game, absolutely ridiculous difficulty, some issues of hit boxes need to be adjusted, and that's about it from me. >_<

- Nondo

Massive props for awesome game!

This game is one of the BEST games I have ever played! The quality of the game it self was top-notch! Th enemy's were awesome, they definately fit their weapons! The upgrades were awesome also. The weapons were especially great, especially the last one with the rainbow gun. Really having to put you're points in the right way to finish the final level is required. If you put them all on one the other 2 parts will be too lacking to beat the last boss. It's funny how the Ether that you collect will stray behind you as you move not catching up. I'm just glad they keep moving for you to collect after the waves or I would of been hurting O.O With 126 waves, and 1 boss level, this makes for one GREAT game! Many games I play are good, but too short, this surpasses those 100 percent! And that final boss battle is actually hard! Took me like 7 tries to finally beat it, and the movie after it was a very good ending to it all. I still have hard mode to beat... Don't think I will though...

But, I still think that it needs a quality control, the high quality of it all does get a little slow... And I never figured out what exactly the enemy's were...

Again, perfect game! Keep up the great work!!