Reviews for "NGHH'11 - Cynic vs HeIsAlive"

Cynic

always like a good battle with some history.
Boxing scores.

Wordplay: 10-8, Cynic
The "HeIsAlive" name references were solid with the autopsy and limping stuff. HeisAlive tried with the pedastal line, but pedastool is not a word and it was pretty general.

Delivery: 10-9, Cynic
Cynic has a rhyme scheme that moves around well. HeIsAlive did well with his rhymes, but Cynic is tough. HeIsAlive has done a bouncy iambic pentameter type flow (da duhda duhda) for his last 3 battles without any variation. I think if you changed up your rhyme scheme to a different beat pattern every once in a while, it would give some versatility.

Content: 10-9 Cynic
Cynic made it a little more personal, even though both used a good amount of filler. HeIsAlive spent most of his first verse talking about how smart he was, and it could have been used against anyone in this competition. I would have liked for him to focus in more on Cynic on a personal level..or on ANY level. My favorite line came from HeIsAlive though, with the "we just collaborated" finish.

Cynic overall in a respectable battle. Both get props.

Cynic

HeIsAlive's mic quality made it hard to listen to. The style seemed a bit recylced. The vocabulary was impressive, but without the delivery they loose there power.
Cynic killed it.
Wordplay>Dictionary.

my vote for cynic

hes louder and attacks harder

CYNIC FTW

HelsAlive seemed like he was just reading words out of a thesaurus and making them rhyme which is lame as shit because it doesn't sound intelligent at all.

THE CYNIC ON THE OTHER HAND CAME AT THIS HARD AS FUCK LIKE ALAWYS.

SUPERIOR FLOW, STYLE, AND JUST PURE DELIVERANCE