Reviews for "NGHH'11 - Cynic vs HeIsAlive"

Cynic

HeIsAlive's mic quality made it hard to listen to. The style seemed a bit recylced. The vocabulary was impressive, but without the delivery they loose there power.
Cynic killed it.
Wordplay>Dictionary.

Cynic

The first verse was the first "OH SHIT!" moment of the competition. I didn't think HeIsAlive could send back a decent response, and I was right. I would leave this with enough said, but I figure I should add that HeIsAlive's whole verse and rhyme scheme seemed reused from the hype track and the illmortal battle.

Cynic

always like a good battle with some history.
Boxing scores.

Wordplay: 10-8, Cynic
The "HeIsAlive" name references were solid with the autopsy and limping stuff. HeisAlive tried with the pedastal line, but pedastool is not a word and it was pretty general.

Delivery: 10-9, Cynic
Cynic has a rhyme scheme that moves around well. HeIsAlive did well with his rhymes, but Cynic is tough. HeIsAlive has done a bouncy iambic pentameter type flow (da duhda duhda) for his last 3 battles without any variation. I think if you changed up your rhyme scheme to a different beat pattern every once in a while, it would give some versatility.

Content: 10-9 Cynic
Cynic made it a little more personal, even though both used a good amount of filler. HeIsAlive spent most of his first verse talking about how smart he was, and it could have been used against anyone in this competition. I would have liked for him to focus in more on Cynic on a personal level..or on ANY level. My favorite line came from HeIsAlive though, with the "we just collaborated" finish.

Cynic overall in a respectable battle. Both get props.

cynic? no, apathetic.

I'd do my regular diss maths review but there's no point here.
There was like 4 or 5 disses total from this whole battle. I think heisalive was right at the end saying this was a collab because it sure as hell wasn't a battle.
Cynic will win this no question just because of general betterness but this wasn't a fun battle, guys.