Reviews for "Mardek Rpg: Chapter 2"

Great RPG

If you type get all and you don't have at least 1 of the item in your inventory then it will not take it, that is why you did not get a phoenix down, StreakXD. You are probably right that this game is too complex for Flash to run well.

Finished it, despite a few bugs

It was a good rpg, a bit too buggy though. Most of the ones that I've encountered have already been mentioned.

The story was well thought out and some of the dialogue was funny!

[possible spoilers]
I didn't see why you needed the countdown to continue during the speech parts though. The countdown made me just want to skip through it and focus every second on escaping.

I didn't realize soon enough, but I should have switched the mercenary back into my party. The new guy seemed pretty useless, not to mention way lower in level.

The first zombie boss totally owned me, and I'm not quite sure how I actually beat her. A lot of times bosses just spam a ton of status ailments, and incapacitate you completely. It pretty much just boils down to luck a lot of the time.
[/possible spoilers]

The game play was good... I actually went through every battle for a while before discovering the flee command. That made the longer dungeons a lot easier. The map was a very good idea as well. I think I would have never finished it otherwise.

The major bug I encountered was in the catacombs. Sometimes, after saving, I would be on a pitch black screen, where I could only see my party walking around. This effect would last until I changed levels or warped. I could still access the map and menu though, which is how I was able to make any progress.

Aside from a few bugs, it's a good game!

good game but stuck on.....

ok dude this is a quality game, and i have waited ages for it to come out, but im realy stuck on the tainted grotto part where you fight the group of pepole, the guy with the large sword like 1 hits my players, am i doing it wrong or what?? i would highly aprecite it if you could comment me back,telling me how to do it, or just a few tips thanks =)

Pseudolonewolf responds:

There isn't really any 'wrong' or 'right' way to win a battle in an RPG like this... Just think about what you're doing! Use things other than pure offense! Mardek has shielding spells; use them! Take out the Saviours in a logical order maybe! Et cetera!

Best series on Newgrounds

Ever since a couple minutes into the first game, I was hooked. I was extremely disappointed when I was done with it, 'cause I had to wait for part 2, but now it's out, and with almost 10 hours of gameplay. I'm only finished with the first mission, 'cause it's late, and I gotta go to bed, but I just had to comment.

First off, I love the fact that you manage to combine a good storyline with humor. Sort of like the webcomic Dominic Deegan, which I'm borderline obsessed with. It's not too focused on the storyline, and it's not too focused on the humor. Secondly, it's fun. I like getting items that give you skills, which you can then master so you don't neeed the items.

The only thing I don't like is the key arrangement. It gets confusing pressing X to attack, then moving your pinky up to A to do the boost thing, then moving to S to defend, then going back to X. I'd have preferred you just clicked the attacks with the mouse or Enter and had a back button.

Anyway, this, my friend, is most likely the best series to ever be on Newgrounds. Keep it up!

You are