Reviews for "Dandelion."

cool

that was great

vancouver film school... very nice!!

What a great artistic submission. I've been considering Vancouver Film School for about a month now and with every project i see coming from there i get more and more impressed with their programs. Great artwork and animation!

really good

your animation was excellent and audio went perfect with this. And I also agree with the person before me and you of course that more things need to have nature take it's course instead of human's messing with stuff. sadly the decline of this beautiful earth is in our midst and yet so few seem to care. anyways great movie. hope others think about this the same way we do

Confused...

So... the kid at the end was supposed to be portrayed as the "bad guy" even though he just helped that remnant dandelion fulfill its ENTIRE PURPOSE for life (that being to scatter its seeds to the wind and procreate)?? By the time a dandelion gets to that stage of development IT WANTS TO DIE... in fact, the seeds are the only useful part of its entire exitence at that point, and after they float off, that part of the plant is ready to die. In other words... that kid did it a favor. If THAT is hurting the environment... then the entire planet should be an ecological waste by now. Next thing you'll tell me is that cats getting the burs of plants stuck in their fur is aiding in global warming. Or that the "helicopter" seeds of Sycamore trees being knocked off of the trees branches is somehow dangerous and a harbinger of impending environmental doom.

In the end... it comes down to (in my oinion) a good idea, or an idea of good-intentions that has been fairly-well executed, but that has been based on a snippet of a story that was written based on ignorance and mis-understandings. Instead of choking, that dandelion should have been rejoicing.

89mini responds:

yes, you are correct in that the kid helped the dandelion by spreading the seeds. I used the dandelion to represent more than just a specific plant. A point I tried to make is that our knowledge is limited. we might be doing something thinking we are helping, while hurting something else. the dandelion would not have needed to be broken off for the seeds to be released. the wind could've done it if we let nature take its course.
that was just my opinion anyways. of course a film like this is made for opinions and i appreciate you having one.

WOW! Bravo

It was like being in a dream :D good job ;)