For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 199 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Reviews for "NGHH'11 - Em-Hotep vs Self"

Self

hotep: --can barely make out what youre saying throughout this have to read the verse, -nothing about his opponent
self: ++++setup bar then punchline bar*4 all of them personal
hotep: ++lol, adding a chorus to a battle, -superfast mumbling cant make out anything again, half+ for "go fuck yo self" (which i had to read)
self: ++++did it again

interesting..

I thought Rahmemhotep had a unique style and it was nice to hear something different. The first verse was cool but when the second came I really couldn't understand anything. I see the lyrics but if they weren't there i wouldn't know what he said. It sounded like there were 2 tracks on each other so the fact they both were recorded differently.. or if they were the same and offset by bit.. it just made everything sound garbled.

Self: The Bluest Eye was consistent and I could hear each word clearly.

I'm with Self: The Bluest Eye on this one.

Props to both of you.

Here's the thing

Being smart and taking on a battle like you are on the field with some muthafuckin' real soldiers is what I did here. I used strategy and behind the back style lyrics, I went on defense and on offense while Self just tried to attack with some shit he don't even know about, which I said in the rhyme but apparently people are too dumb to understand. Trying to be the most ingenious and most unique rapper is what rapping is all about, we're supposed to be poets while Self just tryin' to play like he a thug that dropped out of 3rd grade. It's people like that what give rappers a bad name. I've been rapping for years now and I've never had a battle where the other guy was so stupid he didn't understand anything I said. Fast rapping ain't about the other guy comprehending you, it's about getting more words into a small amount of time and y'all know that we didn't have very much time to do our parts.

Oh yeah and Self... I called myself a faggot in my second verse so seriously, where the fuck's your brain at? Maybe if you used it you'd get my words and if my words fly fast then why don't you just listen faster?

To wrap it up, I'm chill with losing. It just shows me that people are still stuck in the stone age and don't want to hear ingenuity when someone speaks. I'm not going to dumb down my rhymes to "win" a contest, but I did have fun and hope that Self actually starts going back to school some day.

Self: The Bluest Eye wins

Self: The Bluest Eye should take it with one line "sounding like a wack E-40, when you flop."

Yeah, so...

I have to give it to Self by a little, but maybe you should just send the track back to both of them and tell them to just try again?