Reviews for "NGHH'11 - Em-Hotep vs Self"

Self.

I liked rahs style... shit was fuckin cool.
but..

Self hit hard... in the first verse and second verse.. he TRASHED his whole name in the first verse.. and second verse was clearly death.. lmaoo

Great battle.

I love Teps word play, especially the cain and abel line.

But overall I give this to Blue. His flow was just ill, very "freestyle" like.

I do love the chanting stuff Tep did, he is definitely different from every other rapper here on NG. If Tep practices and hardens up his flow he could really kill some shit in my opinion.

Great battle guys, good luck to the both of you.

em-hotep is my boy, total rape on self

em-hotep did the most amazing ever, self, didnt do jack shit, my boy em=hotep banged that shit like a 12 year old whore at a frat party, and self was the girl getting fucked.

Self to advance

Hotep drops some sick flow, lyrics and everything. Im really glad he participated and exposed himself to me on NG. Id like to hear some tracks!

Considering this is a battle knockout, Im giving the advance to Self. He just seemed more battle like and less making a track like; diss music at its finest.

This is prolly my favorite battle so far.

Self the Bluest

I read Hoteps review he left and considered what he said. I feel like I'm a pretty unbiased reviewer and I don't base things around stuff like "I just thought this guy was better." To me, Self won this battle and here's why. Showmanship goes to Hotep, hands down, and I'd even put that mark in his favor, along with complexity. But if you're going to extend verses out the way you did and throw that much echo on them in an audio battle, be prepared for people to say that they don't hit as hard, even if the lyrics are posted. YOU may know the lyrics, but you wrote them, so you can't expect others to understand when you add a heavily delayed echo and a background scream to a running line. You could do with some more gain to clarify your enunciation. Your sound quality may have lost you this battle.

In spite of this, I think it was a closer battle than the votes imply, and maybe that's what bothers Hotep. Other than the sound quality, I'd give rebuttals to Hotep and personal attacks to Self. The flows were apples and oranges, and both delivered well

I'm tired of people losing battles in this contest and then crying about it. Right now you've gotten 15 peoples opinion who may or may not be the best judges.
That's what you signed up for, deal with it.