Reviews for "Beautiful Dreams [Trance]"

Truly amazing

I'm not usually into trance, but this makes me want to listen to it more often. It brings me happiness to see that there are people in this world who can produce a song that is capable of stimulating the emotions to this extent. very well done, and I hope to hear more from you in the future! 5/5 10/10

PrEmoEffect responds:

Honestly, trance is really great. My favorite subgenre is uplifting. It has great melodies. Try some artists like nitrous oxide. Downforce, Supra, and Reborn are really good. The Onova remix of Midas touch is also good. Overdrive by Ron van den Beuken is a bit retro, but incredibly stimulating, maybe in the way you want. The overdrived guitar is incredible. I really want to work with similar ideas in the future. I hope you check out some of these songs.

Totally blown away.

I'm amazed. You've done a seriously good job at this, you're one awesome musician.

I think I'll do the time-style review again. It's really fun.

0:19 : Nice effect there, I like how the sweep turns into a saw synth. It's seriously very cool.

0:31 : Woah. Jumping straight into the beat. Great synths, plucks, bass and rhythm.

0:57 : Nice touch with that synth, it really makes the energy of the song rise by another bar. It's really subtle, but enhances this whole thing a lot.

1:30 : Nice break. The whole song just becomes really distant, with pads taking over now. Honestly, the sweep kind of takes over, but it fades away pretty quickly

1:55 : Nice synth here, I also like the 8-bit style of it, and the melody.

2:08 : Final part! Great job here, it's just great.

3:06 : Bassline... is awesome.

In a nutshell, pretty much the only problem with this song is that it's too short. I was hoping for a second part when it ended.

But anyway, nice progression (really unique, actually), melodies and rhythm really top that off, and synths are really well made. It's a wonder why you aren't famous on newgrounds yet, I think this is possibly my favourite song from you.

You deserve 11 stars for this.

PrEmoEffect responds:

Man, I LOVE your reviews! They're so fun to read. I shall do a comment by comment review.

:19: I'm actually really glad that you noticed that because I wasn't sure if I made it to subtle.
:57 Likewise, I was not sure if the volume was too low, or if the sound was the right sound, but I'm glad that it does fit well.
1:30. I agree. I could work a bit more on the mixing with the pads. (I will work on this next time)
1:55 I also was unsure about this part, but your positive comments helped a lot.
3:06 That bassline was really hard to make. There's a lower bass, and a high bass. Really, they are just modifications of the same synth. I made the low end less punchy but added more compression. The high end had some eq edits and a couple of other additions. (overdrive I think)

Anyways. Thank you so much for the amazing review. I will give you my opinions on some of your tracks.

You had me at the beat

Already when the beat begun in the very beginning, I knew it was awesome, because you don't find good trance here so easily.
Perfect beat, arps and dreamy feel.
Great mastering, I loved it :D
Keep it up!

PrEmoEffect responds:

Thank you for your kind comments. As for the mastering, I'm still working out the style for trance. There's a couple things I want to experiment with in terms of centering and equalizing sounds.

!!!

This, this is not even of this Earth! It's just too good!

Nice work :D

PrEmoEffect responds:

Haha that's because it's of "Dream World".

*insert snide reply here* :p

Woah Nice

I know you did a lot of house, but I didn't know that you'd be this good at trance too. I love the melodies. They sound so lush and pure.

PrEmoEffect responds:

This track is my intro into trance (same way Fleeting Moments was for house) after I learned lots of cool stuff. I'll be experimenting with a lot of new styles now. Let's see how it turns out.