Reviews for "Item Tetris"

Not Horrible

Let me preface the negative part of this review with some things I enjoyed in your version of Tetris.

- I felt you captured Tetris well; Which most flash versions do not.
- The 'item' system was a great way to make your version unique.
- The horizontal clear item was a great thing to have added on to a Tetris. Can't complain about a five line clear.
- The 'Push Down' item was a fantastic addition. I found it helped immensely.
- The graphics were great; The nuke and hard drop effects were done well.
- The overview of the game once you lost was cool.

Now for the negative, which there's more of, simply because they stand out more.

- There's no soft drop. That really hurts the game.
- You don't get any additional score for hard drops.
- The nuke item makes the game WAY easier than it should be.
- The vertical clear item hurts a lot more than it helps. If you have a bunch of tetris' lined up and then you mess up, have to make a one line clear, and accidentally hit this powerup, boom, you have to use a bunch of line tetriminos so that you can make those tetris'.
- When you pause the game, you can still see the game board. This completely negates the reason for the tetriminos falling.
- When you pause, the items still change.
- If you are a player that uses hard drop a LOT, like I do, then the hard drop sound effect gets extremely annoying, very quickly.
- When you unpause, the music starts over.
- The items changed too rapidly to really be something to aim for. They became more of a 'Well, if I get it, awesome.' thing.

All in all, good game, but it could have been pulled off better. In the future, I'd like to see you make another, improved version, of this idea.

arandomdan responds:

Very helpful review! I wish everyone could respond as constructively as you.

These will be fixed:
- When you pause, the items still change.

A note about item blocks: they are not all necessarily helpful and it might be in your best interest to avoid certain items in certain situations. The column piece being the most annoying as well as a nuke when you're building up blocks. Some items will have a negative effect on your game...a new challenge to consider while playing!

its ok

this game is ok

fun as tetris ever was

like the tetris feel. higher levels are near impossible due to the slowness of the interface, but I don't know if flash can hack better

"Items" were a nice twist. tetris+nukes were quite satisfying

bug

i tried to play but it has a bug at the main menu that keeps reseting it

Cool

I love Tetris this gives a new twist to the game.Adding nukes and weird colums makes it very fun to play