Reviews for "The Forest"

Love the outcome of this one. And the Colors! They pop out so much! :-o amazing.

very well done drawing, I love. 5 stars

Hard to believe you painted this. Pretty interesting, did you paint this on canvas and then touch it up with photoshop??? This is insanely artistic.

ErrorCell responds:

The whole process is experimental. I use 3D programs to generate much of the scenery and set up the models, shader networks, textures, lighting, and finally rendering. I then use algorithmic painting methods to paint the scenery completely based on the 3D image I render out. The after painting it, I apply the same compositing techniques found commonly in VFX workflows to the image. I usually export out sets of data to make my life easier such as z buffer, normals, AO, indirect illumination, etc to adjust the painted scene. Characters are also added in during this phase. The rest is brushing stuff up, color grading, etc.

The whole SideTrip series stems from the idea of making efficient workflows between multiple programs. [Edit] Just made it more clear.

what you explained to utley before me here, sounds very interesting.
I am stunned by the final product.
what I understand from the process, it's like setting up a couple of machines to do the dirty work of the painting, like 3d positioning and realistic lighting effects, etc. This is very cool to me. It's like you're orchestrating the machines to make a piece of art for you to work with. Then you combine their skills to make your own piece.
This picture is like what a computer would draw like, if it had the creativity to draw.
You were the creative influence, guiding the computer to draw this beautiful art.
I love it.
(this is only how I see it, doesn't mean you have to see it this way)

This is realistically unrealistic.