Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Clear Skies {durn}"

Whoa

That was crazy, its a good beat.

durn responds:

Well thank you kindly, sir!

Chillin'

For your first time it came along incredibly well!
You should get someone to write the lyrics, cuz yeah... they ARE cheesy, but they sound great!

durn responds:

;) I gotta keep practicing with the lyric writing or else I'll never become proficient at it. I'll dream up something better for the next tune I do with singing! :D Thanks for the review, Soldorado!

Pretty awesome

Only reason i gave it a 9/10 was it was JUST shy of perfect. I don't like the vocals, unfortunately.

Each man to his own though... Keep up the good work!

durn responds:

Haha, had to try. :D Thanks for the review, DS.

Very interesting to listen to for sure.

Loving some of the effects and background sounds you used in this song for sure. I can't say i like the vocal effects too much to be honost. The song itself is what blows my mind. I feel that maybe you over did it with the vocal effects. The singing itself is good but some of the effecs used i think kills it. Sometimes less is best and i think that this may be a good example of that. Other then that you've done a pretty damn good job. I voted 5, giving it an 8 and am adding it to my fav's =) You and i should do a duet sometime haha.

Wyldfyre1

durn responds:

Aye, I prolly added a touch too much reverb/delay on the vocals. Never worked with vocals before so most of it was just playing around. :)

I'd be down with a duet sometime, what DAWs do you use?

Bravo

When you mentioned vocals in the email you sent me my first thought was something along the lines of are you %^#@ing serious? but you have done extremely well, this is a fantastically made song and the vocals added a lot to it bravo durn, bravo

durn responds:

lol, yes I'm fucking serious! haha. Thanks for the surprised appreciation, Evintine. :D