Reviews for "Advanced Flash Tutorial!"

Great tutorial!

Wow, amazing tutorial. Teaches people a lot in a short period of time, and thats what I like about it.

Neo-13 responds:

Thanks for the review. Not only does it teach in a short period of time, it also took a short period of time to make. :D

Very nice!

- Pros -
Good art & graphics and great information.
- Cons -
The music only lasts a few minutes (thank god.)
= Suggestions =
Put in better music (e.g. techno. More people like techno than rock.) Also make the music loop. Do you know how? I'll tell you just in case you don't know. Go to the sound settings, and instead of having it repeat 1 or 0 times, select the drop down that says "repeat" and select loop. Took me a while to figure that one out.

Neo-13 responds:

Thanks for the enlightening review.
There were problems with the loop - the music kept overlapping itself every time you went back to the menu. So it is a little screwed up, sorry about that - I'm trying to fix it.

Good Stuff- might get round to using this

Looks good, reads well, makes sense. Don't know if it works of course.

Music not great- it just runs out. Might as well loop it.

Small details:

Quality Toggle- one last thing
-briefing/briefly
Preloaders 1. l ittle/little
2. Retangle/Rectangle
Motion guide
would look better and be clearer if you saw line being drawn, then bouncing ball follow line.

Play Pause 5
a/are tricky

Its good. Its useful. Thank you.

Neo-13 responds:

If you are pointing out typos - thanks, otherwise I'm not sure what you're on about.
The music is looped now. I've updated.

Good Job

I have a problem with the quality button tut. I put everything correctly and it says I have a syntax error on line one (on (release) {). Are you using AS2 o AS3? Other than that though you did a fine job making this.

AS 2.0.
Where did you put this code? Make sure it's in the right place.
What does the output box say about the error? You've probably put it on the frame instead of the quality button. Change that, and if that doesn't work, PM me with a more detailed explanation and I'll be glad to help.

Classic

Why your preloader isn't working completely: You have added quite a large song file. If you checked "export for use in actionscript" and "export to first frame", it will be loaded before the preloader shows up. How to fix this: uncheck "export to first frame". And then make a movieclip that contains your music in the frame right after the preloader (before you actually use it), if you don't do this, the song won't be a part of your swf file. Also make sure that the song doesn't start playing automatically in the third frame by selecting "Stop" at the Sync in the properties pannel.

A lot of people make this mistake, this would actually be good for a tutorail, wouldn't it? ;)

LoL.