Reviews for "**MK64 Rainbow Road**"

Beautiful!

Boy! I just love that piano!!! Do you play Alisa?

This was such a nice track, I'm actually not very familliar with the original, but since it is from Mario Kart I bet it was a really fast paced beat, but I really like the speed on this one, its so calm and beautiful, and OMG that piano!! Awesome :D

Great work!

Hope we will be collaborating again soon ^^

Peace!

:D
Thanks! It's great to hear from you!
Yeah, I play; self-taught, though, so I'm not FANTASTIC or anything ^_^

Finally!

And here I thought you had all but vanished! Then I take a gander and find this now sitting around.

This is a wonderful remix. VERY wonderful. And it's actually a remix, not just a cover! Can't tell you how many times I see "THIS IS A REMIX" and it's a bloody cover!

The tone is rather upbeat and happy, as the original track is, with a hint of a "go for it!" vibe. I find myself unable to control myself as my head bobs to the beat, feeling a natural, relaxing groove to it. It's the kind of song I'd want to listen to while chilling or perhaps writing. That in itself makes it awesome. Your choice of instrumentation and the general styling make it better.

That and this is my favorite Rainbow Road track. Huzzah!

VGSongbird responds:

I know! It's been so long since I've had a complete piece to show you guys!
And I'm glad you really enjoyed it ^_^
Thanks for all your support.

Same great quality I've come to expect from you.

I can tell you put a lot of work into it. I like the choice of instruments. I especially like your use of the piano. I feel like it takes a good bit to really get going, though. That, and it never gets that much momentum to it. Maybe you were going for a relaxing feel. Still, I feel like Rainbow Road just has a more energetic feel to it. Still, this is very good. All in all, it's one of my favorite if not my absolute favorite Rainbow Road remix. Keep up the great work. I'm looking forward to any future works your come out with!

VGSongbird responds:

When I first started this piece, it was me at my piano kind of messing around with the rhythms and harmonies, and once I got to putting the piece together on my program, it just felt right to keep it as piano! So I'm glad you liked that.
I have contemplated speeding up the piece to give it more energy, but I wanted more of an awestruck, starry sky feel, rather than a drum n' bass headbanger.
But I do see what you mean, and am always appreciative of your support, and your thoughts ^_^

nice piece

i like the mute kick bass in the beginning it sounded like it was gonna be a build up to a drum and bass break which would have also been cool, you gave it a good atmosphere i like the scratching you threw into the background and the stereo-izing filters. it could use some extra energy but it sounds great

VGSongbird responds:

Thank you for your input! :)

When I was initially working on this piece, I thought about putting in an epic drum and bass underneath, but it just felt forced, and I really liked the trance feel I was getting, so I left it be. But you and I had the same thought process ;)