Reviews for "Into The Eclipse"

Nick does it agian!

Wow simply stunning. As I listened to this I started to feel very relaxed. Almost as if I could just feel the pressures of the day just lifting away. I could only relate the expereince to floating in perfectly still water. At the three minute mark when those rain drop sounds came in I actually felt my palms tingle. Not that this wasen't already a home run but the rythmatic breathing batted this one right out of the park.
As stated its very important to listen to this, with headphones. The best effect will come as this music surrounds you and wraps you up in it.

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

Actually, those dripping noises were me typing on the keyboard! :D

It is really amazing what sort of contradicting sounds you will get from such chaotic ones. This song was entirely composed by mixing together the sounds from the inside of an airplane I was on, with some additional pads :)

Wonderful

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this song. It's been added to my favorites since I first heard it. The pads sounds nice. I like the slightly detuned pad. The different ideas flow fairly nicely into each other as well. My favorite part being around 1:10.

It's nice that you tell us every little detail of how you created the piece, but sometimes I think it's nice to leave that stuff out and really let people use their imagination and explore the song. "Flying Over New Mexico" would be a cool title.

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

Haha, yeah I leave in the details in the comments for those who want to know how I make everything. I am also really proud that I managed to create a song based off of such strange sounds, so I went ahead and put it in there. Flying Over New Mexico was somewhat related to my original title, but I thought that it was a BIT to cliche... then again, Into the Eclipse is as well lol. Man I suck at choosing sound titles. At least the current one actually related to the song :P

I appreciate your reviews Sine. You are actually one of my inspirations along with Kingbastard.

MEOW

"I hear NG raping quality."

Some of the pads seem to float for a little too long at times in certain frequencies, I don't notice anything sounding bad, nice, soft, and slow, although a few are "too" slow, there's a mystical balance between heavy and soft, slowly pulsating, at times it seems to be almost too much but then it backs down again, there's a few things here and there to reward replayability, almost hiddenesque effects deep in the sound, The effect that comes in at 4:12 is a little harsh, a little crackley, my ears didn't take this too well with the atmosphere which is being presented (but the bottle popping sure is, nicely done), At 5:00 it shifts into what seems to be a darker side, I'm having a little bit of trouble identifying what it is, but nonetheless, for now, it works, It all comes back again and peaceful, blissful, whatever you wish to use, when I first heard the little synth at 6:30, I didn't think it would fit, but then it does if you just let it wrap around you, the breathing sound is a little strange, I would imagine slower, softer breaths to be more fitting.

And then the end, everything seems to blow up all the sudden, there was still momentum, still a strong atmosphere to work with, and it's gone, I don't understand the sudden loss of the breathing, it was only there for a short amount of time, then it stops, and it all comes crashing down, the atmosphere, the trance, the ephereal feel of an aura of frequencies, gone.

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

I personally think that the "slow" is perfect. I don't think that anything in this song is to slow, in fact notes don't drag on for more than a few seconds. There is a lot changing in this song in the background and in the foreground to create a constant, slow movement of sound. The ending is suppose to end like that, because it just gives this feeling of death, in my opinion. Every euphoric feeling should vanish at the end, but leave behind a trace in your brain that will keep you thinking about what the song really does mean.

Basically, you don't like the song because of how the sounds are being presented, and it all confused you. The frequencies are fine, in my opinion, because they offer a nice, constant feel to the song. Thanks for the review. :)

The light slowly fades away..

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (silence) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The Voices: The compositon, in which was bridged together by genuine fields, has been allocated intellectually, through the fields of essence. Somber shadows retreating cohesively, through a still transition in which time is still. Memories, slipping away through reality's remaining thresholds from your exoskeleton, soon to subside quietly, in the whispers, and mourning of our earthly cries.

Slowly.. time..will..cradle..you..until..''the y''..let..go.. then.. there..will..be.. .. . . . .
(More overly dramatic dots) . . . . . .. . .. .. ... .. .. . . . . . . (I might be Morse code) - -

This was thoroughly enjoyable, I could relate this to this very well. It definately makes you see as you wanted it to protray. Very talented. Keep up the droning, because we as listeners do more than just droning.. When we hear familiar whispers of our inner mind's structures created by mere sound. 5/5 10/10

~ Insanctuary

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

Exactly haha. The listeners interpertation of the song can be vast and endless. Personally, I think ambient is a genre that can fully express ones inner mind through meditational energies, as you have explained in this review. It is the best way that I can create a piece of "art" and have people "see" it as if it were a painting of sounds piecing together images in the listeners mind.

You know what was awesome? The first 40 seconds. When the higher notes were introduced, well that kinda disrupted the mood imo. Especially the note at 2:05. I think you should remove that. But like from 0:30 to 0:40. I kinda felt proud of you there. I think you should expand on that kinda feel, with the deep pad stuff and the ambience. Very debusy-like, and I love that. The rest of the intro is good too but I mean you really nailed it there. There's that certain almost brass-like sound that I've grown to love which is why I like this particular piece a lot

After like 4 or 5 minutes the piece pretty much fell apart and at 6 minutes you just started doing that pad stuff which I don't like too much. BUT I GET IT, the guy's dying or something so it does kinda fit.

The reverb effect is nice, doesn't really sound realistic or add depth but it adds a pleasant washing sound. Did you record ambience from the airport or did I read that wrong. If it's the former you certainly get points for originality.

but yeah you're definitively making progress, even if you insist on only ever making slow long drone songs ;)

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

This is kind of a half drone half not haha. I will always be making ambience, and sooner or later move on to some dubstep *Because i love dubstep and its easy to make apparently*.

Here is a list of all the things I recorded:

Breathing
Stuff inside of the airplane I was on
Popping my finger out of a bottle
Typing on my keyboard
Talking to a government official about the difference between playing the bass and making electronic music

The last one is my favorite, lol. Since I only make all this stuff in Garageband, I am a bit limited but I am learning SOOO much right now. I am figuring out how to piece everything together. Once I get an Akai keyboard I can truly achieve some songs. :)

Thanks for teh review SBB.