Reviews for "Into The Eclipse"

It's Amazing

For me, in my mind, it was me sleeping, and you hear all the noises of the world drifting slowly farther and farther away from you as you begin to move through the Ethereal plane of the unconscious mind.

Love it, no complaints. Awesome work. Can't wait to get and hear the CD.

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

Thanks for the interest in the CD man! I hope you don't mind paying the $10 for it ^_^

Im happy that you noticed this song is meant to explore your subconscious.

Great

You use a style that I haven't heard in music for a long time. You slowly move from this mysterious staticy sound into this cool ambient night theme. I respect that about this song. And you are right- with my eyes closed I can really Imagine what is happening. Overall, I love it

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

I hope to make my music "unique", but to be honest I am very much inspired by ambient artists "Tome" and "KingBastard". You should check out their stuff, you will love it.

I also HIGHLY recommend "Steve Roach", who is a 50 year old professional that has been making ambient music for over 30 years. Real talented and amazing guy.

JJS here

Wow man, i really love your stuff. This is perfect for the weather outside. I think it would have a better effect on a nice warm summer night with a bunch of stars but for this shady gray sky its wonderful. I like the use of the background noises you used and i like how towards the end it changes from that flooded sound to the Silent Ambient style. With the name and the sound i picture a man rocketeering towards space. the Atmosphere pushing against him. trying to keep him from the stars and the main part of the song is him pushing through, and as he exits the atmoshphere his rocket is torn to shreds and so at the calmer part of the song he is simply floating through the stars and closing his eyes with a smile on his face. Thats what comes to mind :D lemme know when the album is out :)

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

YES. I am largely influenced based on the weather around me. In fact, my next song will be about a man being stabbed in the chest with a dagger, and then left alone to die alone in the snow. It will be fun mixing together the sounds of the forest around him into a calm, yet painful atmosphere. I am including guitars :D

Thanks for your interest in my album, it will probably be about 10 bucks but with 5 unreleased tracks, 6 released tracks, and some awesome art :3

Great sound! I'm liking this a lot.

Great stuff going on here! It's very complex sounding and very flowing. The breathing was a nice touch: it feels as if those breathes are your last breaths. This song is a great canvas to open up your imagination on. Your thoughts can just easily flow and paint pictures of wherever the music takes you.
Given the title name, and though the implied theme is about dying, I imagine myself floating in space, looking at the only thing in sight: an eclipsed moon, orbiting a galaxy of no stars.

What would've gone great with this, in my opinion, would've been a quiet string section, but used very sparingly to add some unique touchs of flair. That would've just been awesome.

It's fantastic by itself, but it would also go great in a large, lonely adventure game.

Excellent work man! :D Faved.

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

I have always wanted to see my music featured in a giant, lonely adventure game. It would be really cool. I don't actually intend for everyone to have the same basic feeling about my music, but I just point out in the authors comments that this song, in my opinion, makes me imagine a guy experiencing the last 5 seconds of his life in the emergency room, drawn out into 8 minutes of the unknown.

Perfect ambiance

Man, this is The Ambient music... Droning sequences of slow fading pads and an almost static wall of misty soundscapes. 7 minutes aren't enough to describe its beauty. Amazing stuff, isn't it?

Now, my interpretation. XD
Imagine the brief instants of a solar eclipse: everything gets darker and darker, as sunlight fades... Time stops, every living being becomes frozen, like statues of a once prosper world. Then, it is all up to you... you are the mastermind, or rather, the mind-controled puppet. Master your darkness, your eclipsing self... Live, as the sun shines deep into outer space.

Welcome to Drone Ambient territory. =D
KKS

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

That sounds like a cool game atmosphere, like a post apocalyptic world frozen in ice all because of a massive eclipse.