Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "!!THE PACER!!"

I wonder...

...if the author is going to write me too..bc..if he doesnt ..well..then i would just feel left out...but i liked the game..just to hard for me.

MrManiacMan responds:

Ha, Ha! I just pulled an all-nighter on the final Phoenix Wright game, witch I suggest you play if you haven't, and I stroll over to my computer to find that "The Pacer" has landed me another perfect ten! WHOOOOOO! I feel great at the moment, how about you? Seriously, if you liked this just wait for July 13, that is when the sequel for "The Pacer" is coming out. Don't forget to check out my page before the end of this month because I'm working on my best game to date, and it WILL be released before the end of this month!
(It would be pretty sad if I didn't considering it only took me 2.5 days to make this, lol.)
Anyway, I take pride in responding to ALL-O-MAH-REVIEWS regardless of subject matter, oh wait; I still haven't responded to some Egg-Splosion reviews now that I think of it, that was a LOOOOOOONNNG time ago.
Anyway, thanks for the 10/10 and (assumed) 5/5! Great way to start my day! Yes, I'm a morning and night person. :D
Sincerely, MrManiacMan.
P.S. I KNOW THE GAME IS HARDER THAN IT LOOKS, ALL-O-MINE ARE!

The truth is...

That was a difficult game until I stopped, went into my room, looked myself in the mirror, and said,"I can do this. I rule at rhythm." I got my act together, focused on doing, not accomplishing, and prevailed. Thank you for giving me the modem for self-insight.

MrManiacMan responds:

Wow, that's pretty deep! I've heard of motivational speakers, but a motivational GAME?! THAT'S PRICELESS!!!11!!!!11!!!!!!11111!!!!on e!!!!11
I don't think that anyone but me can comprehend how funny I find that. Now, I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at the fact that I have always heard every, EVERY motivational speaker say to go outside for life experiences. WELL LOOK HOW WRONG THOSE JACK-ASSES WERE!
Anyway, what you stated raises one BIG question from me to you, and I'm going to ask it! What score would you have given my game if you hadn't had that bit of "Self-insight"? If you read a few of the previous reviews, some people gave me lower marks because of the difficulty. If you could get back to me with a response, that would be great.
I really am glad that you were able to take away something else except a bit of enjoyment from my game!

LOL

Nice Game

You know when i first clicked on this game, i thought it said the PEACER and i thought it was a hippie game, that had some type of virtual weed or something LOL

there's ur next big idea for a game............................you'r e welcome!

MrManiacMan responds:

Wow, talk about a flashback to Art 2...
I sat next to a stoner, nice guy, but on occasion, broke pencils, everyone's pencils, lol.
I'll see what I can do about incorporating virtual weed in my games! After all, or so I've heard (I only get "high" on life), you can NEVER OD on weed!
Anyway, thanks for the 10/10! After all, you are "THEOFFICIALCRITIC".

Ooooh

I loved it, Great music.

The only problems I found/Disliked, were, the turning system, and I went over some of the golden notes and it didn't collect them... :)

But anyway good game, and your owning all the haters :)

MrManiacMan responds:

Thank you for taking the time to say what you thought about The Pacer! Whenever I actually get around to making the levels for the new Pacer, you really will be able to see a huge difference in how well it handles, so the turning system has been tweaked ever so slightly that it seems a whole world apart.
Now the whole note not being picked up thing, due to the fact that ALL of the hitTest functions (The function in Flash that does collision detection.) are all done with the CENTER of the player as the hit point. In other words, in order to hit a wall, touch a laser, or pick up a note you always have to touch it with the center of the player.
The real bug of this game is that you can bounce back-and-forth between two closely spaced walls very violently by hitting a wall with both the UP and DOWN arrow keys held down. You can eventually get off of the main course and find some helpful, but risky, shortcuts!
Anyway, thank you for playing and saying that I "Own all the haters"! I really find my response to that review to be quite satirical.

eeh...

like alot of ppl are saying the controlls are alittle....well kinda hard to go with iincluding the fact that the view is off too. but the music is awsome! brinwaves by NH22 was my favorite!