Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "!!THE PACER!!"

way to go

i am so so sorry for the 6 but i cant even get past the first level great graphics and the song that i heard is good but make it were it gos with the beat its almost a great game but i have a feeling you can do alot better keep em coming

MrManiacMan responds:

By first level, I hope you mean Wet Lands and not the tutorial level. I am fully aware of the game's difficulty and shall attempt to address that in future games. I'm happy to hear that you think it is almost a great game, and that I can do better. Trust me, a flash game is easier said then done, but coding is pretty easy. Don't worry I shall make more games, but my life has been in the really busy, congested L.A. traffic lane if you know what I mean; thus giving me no time to make decent graphics.
Thank you for your positive feedback, and next time you review a game, please try not to base the score off of how good you are at it.

Not terrible

good concept but i hated the controls the whole press up to go sideways thing just doesn't work

MrManiacMan responds:

The controls are like driving a car, up is the gas, down is the break / reverse, and left and right turn left and right. Up is not to go sideways but to move forward in the angle that the player is facing. These types of controls give the player much more maneuverable dexterity then the clunky four direction controls.
Anyway, I'm glad that you liked the concept, and gave me a chance to clear up this small misunderstanding with you.

sucks

it has no fun in it and is way to easy

MrManiacMan responds:

Personally, I'm glad you thought it was easy, most people think the games I make are way too hard. I'm going to disagree about the, "No fun", part of your review, however; it seems that you're my only dissatisfied customer. In other words, your opinion is just the minority.
Thank you for, obviously, beating this rather hard game.

Cool.

I actually rather enjoyed this submission, it wasn't anything new and it wasn't anything that would blow me away, but it was a good submission all around. The graphics were slightly above average and it was a cool submission to play. The gameplay was actually rather good and I enjoyed that too. For the most part this isn't a bad game at all. Cool.

MrManiacMan responds:

Aww, no complements on level design? Oh well, I guess that would go under your positive remark on the game play. I'm delighted to hear that you like the graphics because that is usually the biggest criticism I get from people.
Thank you for all of your positive feedback, Dew!

It was fun

This was a relativly fun, simple game, but i really don't see the rhythm element.

MrManiacMan responds:

Yes, I like simplicity in my break-time games! The rhythm element is the great assortment of music from the AP that complements the level's theme.
Thank you for the 9/10!