Reviews for "Tomb Chess"

not bad, if played with two players...

after seeing Javman158's review, i was extremely reluctant to even give this game a chance, how the hell can you design a game like that?

making it impossible for anyone to beat the AI because it decides to be a baby and freeze up if its destined to lose...

i gave the game a shot, but chose 2 players, and just played against myself to try it out, it seems like it might be ok if played with another person, because it'd atleast be possible to win, and ya wouldnt need to worry about cheated out of a victory...

although i do have to say that its pretty stupid that a king cannot defeat a pawn, especially when its called a "demon king" ...if a demon king cannot defeat a floating sheet, then it shouldnt be a king at all, now should it?

anyway, i gave it a 7 mostly because theres the option to play against a friend, or yourself... but if it was only against the AI, it would've received a 0, since you designed a cheating AI.

Good game, but found 1 flaw.

I've never played a game like this, so it took me a while to get accustomed to it. I've never heard of chinese "blind" chess, but it seems like an interesting game, I might try to find someplace that plays it that way.

Anyway, the bug I found was that on the genius level, the computer is obviously trained not to lose. It is fine with a stalemate, regardless of whether it will win or not by the points, but it refuses to lose. As you begin to pin the final enemy piece, the CPU starts "thinking" longer and longer, even if it has only 1 move where the result isn't death. Once you do have it pinned, the computer goes into a permanent "thinking" state, and it never makes that final forced move where you can kill the last piece and clear the board. As a result of this, the player can never actually beat the computer in this manner, and is forced to pin the last piece down, but not entirely, and let it move back and forth for a stalemate (and resulting victory by points).

I find this horribly frustrating for obvious reasons. Also, one instance I have no encounterd yet, but I suppose is possible, is if each side has one piece remaining, and the pieces are of equal strength. If the player pins the CPU into a forced move to their death, they will just freeze up, meaning the player's only recourse is to wait for the stalemate,with no victory since the points on each side will be equal.

If a sequel is made, you have to allow the computer on genius level to accept defeat.

If you wish to recreate an instance I had, here's the first one I got, using the lower left corner as the origin:

Pawns: (3,1) (4,2) (5,4)
Rooks: (1,1) (2,5) (2,6) (5,1)
Knights: (6,2)
Bishops: (3,3) (4,4)
Queen: (6,4)
King: (5,5)

Enemy Queen: (6,6)

It was the computer's turn, and it refused to move, it just kept thinking, resulting in my having to quit the game.

hee hee

what a fun game ^-^

Not bad

Not bad this game is still good.

Fun

Quite fun, except for the fact that the game is almost based on pure luck. I've lost 10 units including my king and queen just because there happens to be a wrong monster under a grave next to it.

But besides that it'(s fun.