Reviews for "Tomb Chess"

I am not much into chess, but I really did like this. I think it's mostly because I learned how to play it as I went along. I appreciate you wanted to put some pretty good graphics into this. It was hard to know how to command my minions to kill the enemies. I mean, they weren't doing anything at first. I didn't know how my enemy was doing it.

I thought it was automatic for them at first. It's weird how I was red. That's usually a color reserved for the enemy. While it wasn't that detailed, it was still quite nice. I'll probably never learn how to play real chess.

This is a classic! a must play every Halloween.

To Sir-Fally

1) The game labels itself as chess. Hence it should be chess. So when people come to a game called "Chess" and don't get chess, it's not their fault.

2) The point of "strategy" is to minimize the need for luck. Which given that the people come to this game expecting the strategy-based chess, and come to a luck-based game like this...the claim is to be expected.

3) Again, it's a chess-based thing: chess is a game where the pieces do have a score but rank doesn't matter if the plays are right. A pawn is easily able to take a queen. The point-based taking system prevents such use of strategy.

Next time you tell people to stop their whining, keep in mind that they express their opinions of a game they have no reason to assume they won't like.

There's an obvious difference between "Chess" and "Happy Barbie Ponytime Adventure: Part 2", but not so much between "Chess" and "Tomb Chess". Even more-so when the game is given the genre of "skill", which indicates more the use of strategy than luck.

Stalemates

I did come into this assuming it was basic chess, but this is nothing like chess. I would have suggested using a different name, but I guess its too late now. However annoying the luck based system may be, the more annoying bit is the stalemates. Chasing a piece around the board is no fun, and its even worse when they are both of equal rank.

FUN