Reviews for "Tomb Chess"

A great game ruined by a terrible idea.

I'm a big fan of chess. It's a nice game to play when you just want to sit down and do something relaxing. Chinese chess? Sure that's good. Though the abilities of the pieces in the Western version does make it a bit more challenging and at least mixes it up. Zombie pieces? Holy shit yes. Not having any pieces when you start out and having to click on a tombstone to get a monster only to find out that it's your opponent's monster? Worst idea I've ever heard implied to chess. It really pissed me off when I'd click a tombstone and my opponent's monster would pop up. I played half a match without any pieces. I was just summoning his monsters and having them slaughter the few pieces I had. I even made the CPU dumb and he still beat me 7 times because of that one factor.

That one idea ruined the whole experience for me. I'm sure it did it in for other people too. The few people that think it's real great must enjoy trying to fight off half a field of monsters with three pawns. The game would've been great if you had just removed that one factor. The graphics are swell and fit the style of the game. The music can get a little annoying after a while but otherwise it fits the game as well. If you're thinking about a sequel then you might want to remove that one thing that ruined it.

A good game but...

So this is basically a mix between stratego and chess, an overall goodgame and I like the unique element of neither playing seeing the units.

Really Good!!

First Off.. Awesome game! follows the general rules of chinese chess brilliantly with a fun twist :)
Which leads me to moaning at morons who can't read..

Digital-Squid, Chinese chess is not the same as Western chess!! It's a more skill based game then our form because we in the western world seem to think games have to be easier to be fun.

Too luck-based

Decent game, but too much of it comes down to luck. Nothing worse than clicking a tomb and giving the other guy some super-unit, which then promptly kills one of your units. Really frustrating. It's too luck-based to be a good puzzle.

Uhm nice idea!

It's a great idea and all, just a shame the pieces don't actually do what they are supposed to in real chess, for instance pawns can take enemies one square infront even diagonally as long as it's in front yet I can't do that on here... Maybe I just misread a rule or something but even so :P