For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 28 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Reviews for "Captain Zorro"

A solid game ... that desperately needs more.

This is a pretty game. It's simple, follows a tried and true game concept, it looks good, sounds good, and plays reasonably well. That said, it's dull.

It's a little too simple. Both in concept and gameplay.

I barely took any damage and didn't even lose a ship until the fourth level boss. By that time I was fairly bored with the game. The levels are all very similar and some more variety would spice this up a lot. On the next level I decided to lose intentionally and I found it was tedious and almost difficult to do so.

I may have missed something, but the gun upgrade didn't seem to work a lot of the time. Perhaps after a while, you are fully upgraded? A little more information about that would have been helpful.

I think the speed of the game is far too slow. If it were faster, that would give it more replay value. As it stands, I don't think I'll play it again.

It was a good effort, but it's just not very interesting.

Beat it.

Finished the game in 48 minutes with a total score of 138,951. (Had the day off work...plenty of time to kill =P)

The fact that I was able to play through the whole game should say that it isn't bad. Though, like every game, it wasn't perfect. As mentioned before, increased mobility is a must. Instead of just gliding back and forth the wings should dip and rise (Applying to all enemies, as well). I also found a vast lack of originality, it was just like 500 other space shooters and doesn't stick out from the crowd all that much. the levels were very static, it looked almost exactly the same each time. I would suggest that you also work on a more in-depth storyline. Have each level a different, specific part of completing your ultimate goal, rather than just having him fly all over the planet doing exactly the same thing over and over. Now, my favorite part of space shooters, the upgrades! At the beginning you had your basics (Single shot, Multi shot, Spread shot) then I got the rockets (Final upgrade) and found myself very disappointed. In fact, I would have rather stayed with the multi shot because it was far more effective than any of the others. So basically, work on the steady increase of power and make the higher upgrades worth having. On sort of an off note, you should probably make everything a tad smaller, as well. Especially during boss battles the screen seemed very small and cluttered.

4/5

it was okay

to easy and some of the powerups did nothing and not enough powerups.

good game......could have been a little better

First of all i didnt mind not controlling the shooting like most everyone else. In these type games your going to be shooting most of the time anyway. The graphics were quite nice, but the music was pretty horrible...thankfully it could be turned off so it wasnt much of a factor. I would have liked more upgrades. It seemed like they were maxed out at the end of the first level. I would have liked to see the "super shot" a little more super. But overall it was a nice game and i would like to see another with some of those suggestions.

Very nice

I like the style, which as Doomhammr said, reminds me of Raptor. The ship graphics are well done, and although the ground installments are of much lower quality, they're nice (wish they were destructible like in Raptor)

I liked the weapon upgrades (the missiles are a nice touch), but by the beginning of the second level I've already reached the top option - that removes a lot of the incentive to continue for me.

Rescuing the colonists is nice, but notice that it's possible to beat the bosses before reaching all of them. I killed the second boss a few seconds after collecting the last colonist (without even using the super weapon), and killed the third boss before all the colonists were reachable.

The action was slow paced for me (even on low quality), and the enemies were too far between for my taste.

It's good that when you die you can retain a few of the upgrades. I dislike games that force you to begin from scratch.

After the third boss I quit the game - I've felt that I've seen all the game has to offer, and was mostly put off by not being able to further upgrade the weapons.