Reviews for "Mardek Rpg: Chapter 1"

Well Done

My only complaint in this otherwise stylish and well-made RPG is just that the random battles occur rather frequently and there isn't much variety in enemies. I liked the fusion of oldschool and newschool RPG traditions.

Pseudolonewolf responds:

Battles occur to *frequently*? Hm... I toned down the encounter rate massively from what it once was, and as it is now it's possible to venture through entire areas without fighting one monster (well, except in the Dragon's Lair, which is probably what you're basing that on, actually...)
And, uh, as for lack of variety in monsters... Those crazy kids don't have as much imagination as they think they do. Yep.

Very cool game.

Graphics: This game has awesome graphics. Very well drawn and aligned.

style: This game reminds me of the Final Fantasy series. Which is awesome because this one is sort of like it. The way you made the game with menu's and skills and you can save your progress, its really good.

Sound: The sound was good. Very classy.

Violence: There was a plentiful amount of violence in this game, which gave this game a bit of taste. Good work.

Interactivity: This game has interactivity written all over it. You interact with almost everything in the game. Its completely original. Nice job.

Humor: In the beginning, when the 2 guys were talking, that was pretty funny. You used a good plot and storyline and added some humor to keep the plot going. Good work.

Overall: Definately a good game. 10/10

Fun

Made at a near-proffesional level and quality. You got humor and seems like a good plot for a story too, so overal great game. The only flaw is the plain fact its just the first chapter.

Pseudolonewolf responds:

People who pay attention to the plot and like the humour are the best kinds of people!

Loved it

I really liked your in game hero-humor. Tally-ho and so forth! The battle graphics were nice for a flash RPG. I'm looking forward to the next chapters.

Pseudolonewolf responds:

Oh, I am glad when people don't complain about my making this light-hearted instead of pretentiously serious like other Fantasy is!
Uh... yes. o_O
Tally-ho.

It took me five seconds to fall in love with this

Great graphics, the sprites were awesome. Loved the humor in it too, ripped straight from FFII I believe. Keep up the good work, going straight to my favs.

Pseudolonewolf responds:

You think the *humour* was ripped from Final Fantasy II? You mean the one where Firion, Maria, Guy and... wossname, Leonhart or something battle against the Empire?
That game had humour in it? o_O

I didn't rip anything from anywhere though, hard to believe as that may be these days!