Reviews for "Mardek Rpg: Chapter 1"

cool

at first i was like wait this is it? but then then you kill the dragon and your like ohhhhh.... great game. Hope the next one can expand on this.

Pseudolonewolf responds:

Good thing you humoured the beginning enough to continue and see that the game was better than how it appeared on the surface!
Apparently so many others are basing the thing negatively on their first impressions... Tsk!

great rpg

i really enjoy this game, the graphics are fantastic, its like playing a super nintendo rpg, i forget im playing a flash game. one bug im experiencing is that when i die, it gives me 2 options, load or main menu, but nothing happens when i click on the buttons. the screen fades a little but the same screen remains.
looking forward to the next chapters.

Pseudolonewolf responds:

Nobody else has mentioned that yet, but I'll need to check on it...
Thanks for reporting that bug!

omg.. I'm screwed >_<...

I've been seeing ALOT of RPGs, some time after I began planning my own (which was also gonna be divided into chapters), and this was so awesome >_<, I've got alot to compete with if this actually continues :(.

Well, it WAS awesome, not as serious as mine plans to be, a stereotypical save the princess from the dragon beginning, but it was just put together (the retro styled world brung in with a nicely done battle system).

The music suited well, pretty much all there is to it.

The fact that you're also including cutscenes worries me, especially since you did a good job of it =P.

Overall, this was just amazing, I hope my RPG's nearly as good as this =P.

Pseudolonewolf responds:

Heh, while I was making this, I never checked Newgrounds just in case I found something so much better that I could never hope to compete with, which might make me lose motivation...
But nobody else should lose motivation! It'd be just grand actually if I could *inspire* people to make their own RPGs and put serious effort into them!
Or something!

(I wonder how many people realise the intro is a complete parody of so many RPGs out there? o_O)

very good game!

i look forward to chapter 2

The game was good but...

the game was good but getting to the dragon and killing the dragon DID drag out a bit... but the story sounds good so far and the battle system is sound so cant wait until the next one!