Reviews for "-Dancing Flame-"

W00T! Pure Cuture right there!

im mexican if u didnt know and that definitely brings back memories! good job!

Step responds:

Cool, in that case I'm glad I got a Mexican to feel nostalgic xD.

Thanks for the review!

Damn

The auxiliary percussion is used sparingly and appropriately -- yay!

Great job, but I've got one question -- what's the little blip at 1:02?

Step responds:

Wow, another detailed review from you. Thanks, I really have to review you back sometime.

"I love how well the instruments blend in this song. The guitar and bass kind of vibe off of each other, and the piano compliments them both while the brass covers everything with a...uh...blanket of musicality? It's good, anyhow."

Cool :D. The guitars are all free samples from the same site, so I guess that's why they fit with each other.

"Good snare choice -- it kept the beat nice and tight like fast Latin music should be."

Yeah that's from a free drum kit. Admittedly this is the song which I used Kontakt the most in lol.

"The auxiliary percussion is used sparingly and appropriately -- yay!"

Yay :D.

"Great dynamics here make for great transitions and even greater contrast between sections. Bravo :D"

Thanks! I'm particularly proud of the transition at 0:20.

"A very empowering piece, I found it to be. Something epic or strong-willed about it (makes me think of a battle, but with dancing and festivities happening at the same time). Feel free to ignore that, haha, sometimes I don't know what I'm saying."

Lol don't worry I get what you mean xD. Got to admit, didn't have a battle planned when writing this piece :3.

"Wrap all this up with a powerful and convincing ending, and you've got me thinking that you've done this before...lol."

>_>
<_<
:D

"Great job, but I've got one question -- what's the little blip at 1:02?"

That's actually not a blip. It's the sound of the guitar string being stopped - I have to thank the realism of the Kontakt library for that xP.

Thanks a million for the awesome review!

I think I threw up salsa.

This makes me feel like I'm at a fiesta. Great job!

By the way, I haven't had Mexican food for a long time, so you really accomplished something. Hahaha.

Step responds:

Haha lol. I'm glad you like it, and good luck cleaning that salsa :O.

Thanks for the review!

Not salsa, but enjoyable anyways

Great song actually, sounds like a spanish-rock orchestral song. Sounds nothing like salsa I'm afraid, but I'm sure your dad will enjoy.

And BTW, you went in the opposit direction of salsa : you took your trumpet/trombone samples to make it sound like saxs, when actually trumpets and trombones are the brass used in salsa...

Anyways, I'm outof time to write anything else, hope you dad will love!

Cheers,
Samuel H├ębert

Step responds:

Yeah like I said, I know very little about salsa, especially about the trumpet/trombones being used in salsa.

Anyhow, I'm happy it works out despite it not sounding like salsa. Thanks for reviewing!

The Latin Western.

I envisage a Western scene with a Latin twist. Tanned, hairy latinos shading their thick, hairy upperlips under large sombreros, riding on big, black stallions along dusty trails. I hope I didn't just describe your dad!
Happy Birthday, Dad.

I lol'd :P.

Thanks for the review! I didn't have a particular scene in mind for this track, even though I usually do when I'm making music. Dancing Flame just came to me since I didn't want to name this 'Salsa thing', which is what it was initially named.

Thanks again, glad you liked the song! By the way, I heard some of your submissions, they sound really good!