Reviews for "Industrial Ruins"

:Not bad

Not bad, it does feel like in ruins a bit, but in some sort of rough way xP

DrMackFoxx responds:

Well, thanks for the feedback. :) I appreciate it.

I said I'd review your original...

...so here ya go.

Simple, smooth, atmospheric. If you set this up to sound sneaky (as in 'I'mma-spy-in-the-80's-tryin'-to-snea k-ur-national-secrets-lawlz') you hit it on the head.

The soundscape, while a bit lo-fi, fits the mood quite well, especially that bass. Some of the harmonic progressions sound a little foreign (and not in a good way), and the track ultimately is repetitive.

Still, not a bad venture into composition, there. Good luck with future endeavors.

DrMackFoxx responds:

Sneaky-sounding, eh? I guess that fits in well with this track sounding foreboding and dark. I would agree that this composition is kinda repetitive. Just a fairly simple tune, overall (I only used 5 MIDI channels for this).

Thank you very much for another helpful and thorough review. I really appreciate it, especially as I really have a lot to learn about MIDI composing. Glad you enjoyed this tune, as well. :)

nice

probly one of the best tracks ive heard on ng for a while

DrMackFoxx responds:

Well, that's very encouraging to me, especially as this is my first original composition.

Glad you liked this tune and thanks a lot for the review. :)

the good ol days

this is realy good. reminds me of crono trigger when you travel to the future and everythings in ruins.

DrMackFoxx responds:

Ah! I would say that having this song remind someone of Chrono Trigger means I'm definitely on the right track. Thank you for the review and I'm glad that you liked this track. :)

Sounds like Rayman music.

I've heard this kind of music in a Rayman game, specifically either the first or second one. Techno isn't my kind of stuff, but this shows potential, as long as you get a more complicated background beat, Example like Rayman 2 Final Battle, if you know what i mean.

DrMackFoxx responds:

Well, thank you for the review and thanks for checking out my tune. :)