Reviews for "In Spite of 1984"

Wow

Amazing work. This is one of your best songs yet! Like the guy said below... the intro is stunning!

PrEmoEffect responds:

I made the intro as it is because I wanted it to have a cool touch to it to create a real "house" feel.

Thanks for the review.

Awesome!!

I gotta say, you sort of made me like house music, usually I'm not that fond of that genre, but after hearing your music, I started appreciating it..

This song is great as always, I really like the calming melodies you put into this.
I really like your style in making music, it's recognizable.

Just plain love the beats, really make me want to dance to it.

5/5, 10/10, downloaded.

PrEmoEffect responds:

From your music, I can tell that you like trance a lot, and I do too! I love the melodies associated with the genre, but I also like the deep but relaxing feel of house, hence the combination. I'm glad that I'm starting to find my style. It's helped quite significantly.

Thanks for the review.

A deserved 10.

Remember how last time I said I would only rate it a 10 if it was perfect? It is. The "sine pluck" I was commenting on seems a bit better, but still too quiet for me. Doesn't matter. Amazing song. Great job. 10.

PrEmoEffect responds:

Haha yeah. I increased the volume by 5 dB, but I wasn't willing to go further. Thanks for the 10. (btw, you said 10 3 times in your review) haha.

Woah

This is some impressive stuff, sounds absolutely stunning. This track is leaving me speechless.

PrEmoEffect responds:

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

In spite of 2011

I don't quite get how this is inspired by george orwell's 1984 but it doesn't really matter! This is absolutely FABULOUS!

PrEmoEffect responds:

Haha, I love insightful questions. Glad to see that someone picked up on the odd title.
This song is inspired by Winston's epiphany. Though eye contact, he was mislead into thinking that O'Brien was on his side, not Big Brother's (the socialist regime). Because he thought that O'Brien was good, he did everything that O'Brien told him to do, and felt that he was being accepted into a greater community where he could finally feel at home.

One day, the Thought Police arrested him and took him to the Ministry of Love, which is actually where Big Brother brainwashs the disloyal party members.

The greatest irony took place there; O'Brien was actually a spy for Big Brother. He took Winston into room 101, "the worst place in the world". After the torture (which included being threatened to have his face eaten by rats), Winston finally gave in, expressing "love" toward Big Brother, defeated, and de-souled.

The title of this song is "In Spite of 1984." Despite experiencing horrible things, despite knowing what happened to Winston, we move on, even if we make the same mistakes.

Thanks for the review. This was a pretty important aspect of the song that may have gone unnoticed if it were not for you. Take care.