Reviews for "Glitch-Nerd Like Me"

Nerds have rhythm? Who knew?

Clever. I might be a nerd like you, then again I might not, but I can really appreciate where you're coming from. It's funny that you managed to explore a subculture so eloquently in a 3 1/2 minute song. There's so much brilliant material in the nerd culture; take a listen to "White and Nerdy" or anything by MC Lars.

I dug the funky beat of the song. I didn't realize I was bobbing my head until about two minutes into the song. Somehow, the beat infiltrated my brain and told me to chill out-- I obliged. You've got a relaxed, easygoing vocal style, which makes repeated listens a treat. I didn't hear any slip ups, nor did I hear any microphone-related disturbances; you've got serious record-deal talent on your hands, as it's blindingly obvious that you care about the quality of your songs.

You did a great job keeping this relevant and approachable. The references you used will stand in the future, adding a nostalgic quality to the song; for now, it just makes you seem like my buddy.

I've got absolutely no qualms with this song; your backing track was brilliant, and the rapping was superb. Polish really makes itself evident in this track, as the whole thing is crisp and a lot of fun to listen to. I look forward to more releases in this vein. It's that creativity that earned you a 10.

Review Request Club

glitchs2d responds:

Thanks for the great review. I listen to MC FrontAlot, Deltron 3030, and MC Lars. I really like the whole nerd culture that I am part of in alot of ways. Even though im not as nerdy as half of the nerdcore rappers but I believe that I am nerdy enough to fit in with them and still cool enough to appeal to the average hip-hop fan. The whole goal was to make being a nerd seem cool to the average person and hope every person could relate to what I was saying becasue we all have a little nerd in us.

Dope

Dam this is good, I must admit. I feel the essence of hip-hop here, old school beats with some modern instrumentation.

Oooo that's groovy. It's pumped up.
I dig it. If I ever find a place, I would use this in an animation.

glitchs2d responds:

Thanks, and that would be awesome.

Good stuff, got to hear it thanks to WooleyWorld down there.

glitchs2d responds:

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the song.

this is better than most raps I have heard in the past few years
P.S. not many rapper's rap like this I miss it

glitchs2d responds:

Thanks, I really appreciate it. If you like this than check out my first song on newgrounds "Keep on Rolling" I think you might like it even more.