Reviews for "Crowds"

Unreal..

I found myself in deep space, feeling cold, but only being able to see the stars far off in the distance wih only my thoughts to myself. I was being pulled in by a large sun very far away after awhile i'd gotten so close to the sun i'd become warm and couldn't see cause it was so bright, when suddenly the light dispursed, the large star had become a super nova while I was blinded and then into a black hole sucking everything in, mainly dust that was colored orange and purple,, I found myself being sucked in, into something light can't even escape, I was pulled in my the strong spiral current until my last glemce of light was from the far off stars as it swallowed me completely, going through the black hole current I could see large lights of blue, yellow, red illuminating, further in it I could see single image moments in my life that happened in the black hole, then I could hear voices, faint voices and see so many things I could not make out, at the end of the black hole was another completely bright light, not long into the bright light I was transfered into complete darkness, not able to se my hand in front of my face, I felt nothing against my skin, the thought of being in nothingness, is it possible? Only soon for another white flash like an atomic bomb went off to do again, after the light grew weak everything was flying out of it, stars. planets, mass, something. the creation of the unviverse.....and the whole time..I was scared.

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

Black holes, space, and isolation is in many of these reviews mixed with a certain beauty that no one can actually reach such as the earth or the stars. This song relates all over something being taken away from you, such as love, life, and friendship. It is almost like you are walking aimlessley and hopleslly past the crowds, trying to get their attention but simply cant... you try to reach for the stars but can not... you try to escape death but can not... you try to find love but can not... impossible things.

I imagined...

Everything in the space craft burst and the instant I was sucked into the vacuum of Space it was tranquil. I watched my space craft burn around me and my team floating the opposite direction, I looked towards our peaceful Planet, Earth. I missed it and as I watched everything from inside my helmet I started to cry. I didn't know what to do and I was doomed to an eternity of floating and hunger. I called into my Radio, told my family that I loved them, and it was in the love of Science. I started remembering all the little happy things, I didn't want to die. I opened my thrusters towards my flaming ship and before I realized it, another Oxygen tank burst from the flames and my suit was torn. I couldn't breath, the cold was unbearable, my body started to freeze and it felt like I was turning into a human icicle. Then, blackness. I saw the light and tried to reach it, but it was too late.

Suddenly I awoke and blurred silhouettes were tending to my frostbite with an unknown substance. It was awkward, their hands were nimble and grayed. Suddenly I realized I was alive and I started to cry, blurring my image even more. I heard static from my suit, which was put to the side, they were calling for me... and I was too tired to call back.

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

So your saying the song would sort of be like the silence of space as your entire space craft is sucked into a black hole, somehow pushing you backwards slowly in a chaotic, silent explosion of fire and metal? Did you write this after reading the review below, or is this just a coincidence? In the review below, from his perspective he witnesses thousands of space ships suck into a black hole... and from this review its a perspective within one of those spaceships. Wohhh.

Sounds very intriguing and I LOVE these perspectives on the song. It's like "Crowds" could mean "life" whizzing past you as you fall on your last, icy breath in the deep blackness of space. "Crowds" can mean earth, as you watch it. "Crowds" can mean the infinite forms of seemingly nonexsistant bodies move past you as you stand as a ghost. Very great. I actually almost cried when making this song because I put a deep feeling of isolation into it... something tells me King Bastards "Beautiful Isolation" has subconsciously effected my music.

Extremely Inspirational

It brought me --- To tears

well,

It all started in a very crowded place, an overpopulated city. The wind could be felt rippling through the streets and the sun shone through the bellows of smoke that clouded the skies. At one moment the crowd could be heard bustling through their daily noisy routines, but then an instant later, it all cut off to a somehow tranquil white noise. I felt myself begin to float from the street-sides, above the building-tops, to the skyscrapers and beyond. It was here that I could see the rolling hills of green that used to coat this now barren landscape it felt like some fantastic hallucination. I was drifting further and further upwards and as I did, I felt an overwhelming peace surround me.

As the ground became more and more hazy, what once appeared as a complex civilization, mankind, was now a blur. Radio communications became visible and I could hear them audibly. I was now in the clouds. A slow flying plane passed by me on its' way to the landing strip. I looked outward and saw something horrible. There was a clamor amongst the people on the airfield. Though I could barely make it out. The city was being set on fire. I felt a heart wrenching terror as I struggled to move downwards, but to no avail.

It was now that I was beginning to penetrate te atmosphere. I felt as the soft shell of the nurturing bubble of oxygen passed around me like a waterfall around a rock. I found myself in a place where there was no sound. I couldn't even hear myself. I looked down and saw that all that was once green on the earth had been set a blazing orange. Mankind had finally destroyed himself, but perhaps there was still hope for him.

I suddenly felt a rumbling shift all around me; I realized I was getting bigger. I was already two times the size of the earth. I saw as the few remaining forms of life began to rebuild what was left. A single tear fell from my eyes as my hope in mankind was renewed. Perhaps, with this next chance, we can finally create the perfect world. I slowly turned my eyes outward, into the vast reaches of the galaxy and beyond, to find something extremely unsettling. A black hole was slowly drifting into the solar system. I watched as it ravenously consumed Pluto, with obvious intent for more destruction. It was on a collision course for earth.

I tried everything I could to re-direct it, it seemed to have no effect on me, and I seemed to have none on it or its movements. I watched with immense despair as it approached earth. People had probably noticed it by now. I could see space shuttles and ships leaving the surface of the little blue and now black dot. they all tried to escape towards the opposite direction of the black hole. It was too late.

It changed course for a moment towards the moon. It casually made its way into the moons orbit as it swallowed all the debris and attempts by mankind to redirect its course. The moon was now gone. Small things on the earths surface began to be swallowed whole by the immense mass of otherworldy pulling and crushing forces. Now when one looked at the sky, they saw a black cloud of dust, illuminated by the light caused by the friction in the swallowing giant.

There was nothing that could be done. Earth was consumed. The shuttles that were so helplessly trying to escape began to fight the gravitational pull. There was nothing left that they could do. The engines were disabled by electromagnetic activity and they were quickly pulled into the mix of chaos. I fell to my knees in utter heart-throbbing sympathy for all of those who had died. Everything was gone. The black hole slowly drifted away; leaving nothing but stars on the horizon. It eventually fell out of my sight as I stood where earth used to be. Wishing there was more to our presence on earth than that. If only we had been prepared instead of destroying ourselves over petty matters. If only we had been ready to fight for our survival. To fight into another age.

Everything went black.

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

Man I love really long reviews like this. Thanks a lot for dedicating your time and effort to writing such a beautiful thing! I am impressed that you were able to imagine so much complexity with such a simple track. That shows how large of an imagination you have. You should try writing for the Christmas writing contest. I might be judging and would look forward to your story!

Now then... what you imagined had the main theme of "astronomical" mixed with "loneliness" which made you feel an overwhelming emotion of "helplessness". This is the sort of feelings that I hope to portray in this son, but at the same time perhaps provoke a sense of inspiration and fighting for whats right. I was very happy that you were able to feel all of this and explain in it a detailed meditational state. Very nicely done.

You should try and experiment with some mediational techniques. I will be making a lot more music like this with much more complexity. This is only two pads! My previous song is a multitude of pads, and my next one will contain a guitar, piano, and beat to make a Jazz/Drone song. Check out "KingBastards - Beautiful Isolation" on google, download it, and let me know what you think. Also, you can try gong to youtube and typing in "Steve Roach" to listen to some amazing soundscapes much more professionally done than mine.

I still have a lot to learn, but the fact remains that my music seems to create a certain feeling that I have only dreamed of imposing on people. Thank you so very much for sharing with me that I have accomplished this with even this, very simple track. Drone music is something that is rare and usually not veyr well done... but I really do put a lot of poetic symbolism into each of my songs and am VERY glad people can actually understand it.

Thanks!

Since we're all shareing

I did as the comments instructed. I saw a beach that had no ocean at first. Then I was laying down looking at the stars and started to reach. As I reached The sky itself began to close onto the earth. The burning ozone painlessly swept right past me and onto the earth as it folded into itself over and over until nothing remained.

I continued to lie there reaching. I saw no point to look back and check if I had gone to the stars or if they had come to me. I found myself reaching still out to the stars still.

I felt a yerning to be a part of all that was around me. Even as death herself wrapped me into her embrace, perhaps feeling lonely with her previous haunt becoming no more. Yet with no soul to take and no hope to offer I could only reach. Not adrift in a vacuum, forever blessed to explore the wonders of existence. But perfectly still as if I was still lying on an oceanless beach.

I was a star with no light, with death at my back I smiled. I felt I had a deeper understanding of forever, that I had a meaningful idea of infinite. I was the same as all that shined in the universe. I was encased in the same nothing as anything that ever was truth. I was a prisoner surrounded by lawless freedom. I began to think I was watching too much ghost in the shell. Then I started writing this review.

Bottom line. This was simple. Its not music. But for me I found that if I let it, it can be more meaningful than any song. Sorry I was not able to walk past the crowds. But these things are made to inspire I presume. So bravo it did just that.

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

You did walk past the crowds, as in walking past all the stars, life, and seeping your mind into the depths of the universe. This track intends to create an overwhelming feeling of singularity and loneliness. It is suppose to make you want to just go somewhere far, in a vast open space of nothingness mixed with a little something that makes everything around you seem beautiful. Like a gigantic undergound cavern that goes on forever, a large empty abandoned space ship, the universe going on forever as you watch its stars come closer and closer to you.

This music is meant to put you intoa sort of meditational / trance state to where you can imagine all sorts of thins. It kind of is a natural high, and Im glad you wrote down your experiences. I made this extremely simple for a reason, and my next track will actually be fairly complex, much like "Breathe With Me".

Thanks for the long review, these reviews telling me that I inspired... inspire me to make more. :)

This moved me.

As the song began the first image on the player was that of the badger feild. But there were no dancing badgers just an empty feild. As the song continued images of dormant and forgotten cities filled my mind. I began to think of a loan survivor wandering through once heavily populated cities now empty alone. As the survivor he hoped to find a glimmer a hope, a chance of life of a freind. Of someone to carry on a simple conversation with. Finding none he carries on.
To anyone listening to this for the first time I highly recomend you do so with a good set of headphones. Speakers kind of ruin the effect.

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

I am surprised you noticed the badger thing hehe, I thought that was kind of cool how no badgers actually appear if you put that visualizer on. Speakers do ruin the effect of this, and most drone music actually. Headphones is certainly recommended! A large city is what I typically think about, along with other astronomical and empty landscapes.