Reviews for "[Zerest] Starlit Sky"

Just wow.

The intro, I'll be honest, rather annoyed me. I didn't like the sound of the main riff(Correct me If that's not what It's called in trance), It sounds rather tinny and squashed for me, but when It went Into the main, I completely forgave that, the sound of the riff(?) was utterly fantastic, especially with it being layered over the background part.

I also loved how you managed to keep it fresh throughout, like the call and response type sections, which allowed the excellent background piece to really shine through.

The ending actually worked really well to my ears, the removal of all but the two most critical elements was an old idea, but it simply worked fantastically here.

I'm suprised I liked this so much, considering that It is in affect, just one piece, but the different conditions you placed it under made it so exciting.

Amazing work

~Review request club~

steven-mcl responds:

Wow, thanks so much, I never knew it was THAT good. I'm glad you liked it, I just let my mind do the work and I came up with this. Thanks for the review. :D

I was specifically trying to keep it somewhat fresh even through its mostly the same melody throughout the entire song, but looks like it worked. Thank's a lot for your response, looks like I'm doing something right after all. :D

Sucks however that it gives off a tinny vibe at the start, I'll see if I can fix that for my next song. Cheers. :)

And just if you're wondering about the Riff terminology, It can be called that, but a lot seem to call it just a melody. :)

Good Song

I like this type of trance because it is very calm and not so heavy beat and bass as some techno. Love it, keep it up.

steven-mcl responds:

Will definitely bring the calm in my next song aswell as the extended mix. Thanks for the review. :D

In the near future I'm gonna try and tackle some Dream Trance. See how that turns out. :D

What?

repetitive?

I have heard far more repetitive music. Stuff blends well. I'm not even big on this kind of music but it sounds good on the ears. I kinda see what you mean but its really a small pebble in comparison to some music's repetitiveness.

steven-mcl responds:

Thanks. Even through I've worked with one melody and lacked a transition into a second, I still tried to keep it somewhat fresh and work with what I had. I'm not quite in the stage yet where I can do that kinda stuff, all in the learning process I guess. :P Thanks for the reply and your feedback on his reply.

interstellarbugpopping...

this songs is a little slow you should have made it faster but otherwise its great!!!

steven-mcl responds:

Eh, I wasn't really aiming for Hard Trance with it. Was shooting for more so calmer music, but yeah, I think it'd sound not too bad. Thanks for the review. :D

good but...

steven-mcl responds:

Eh, needs improvement, I know. :T Oh well, my first completed song so I guess it isn't gonna be absolutely perfect.