Reviews for "SMOKESUIT -TheBigSurprise"

Nice

The song sucked, the band has a very unoriginal sound...could be one of twenty popular rock bands out now. I haven't heard this particular band before, but I've heard this sound before. I just have to turn the radio on, and there it is.

The flash itself was largely a treat to watch, though. I thought the imagery matched the music very well, and it was expressive where the song was not. I didn't care for the singer being shown, or the "beast of sorrow" singing the vocals at the end, but that's mostly something I dislike in music videos. To me, a video should be a visualization of the song, and if that's just singing the song, then there really isn't any body to the song. Art should (IMO) invoke images and feelings...it should be expressive beyond the surface. The flash in this piece, for the most part, is very artistic, and I like it. The song, definately not.

SecretSecretary responds:

Thanks. There is a reason why the ''beast of sorrow'' (hehe) sings along at the end. Listen to those words, and then think who he would be singing it to. He (the spirit) blames the girl (his previous incarnation) for his broken form, when in fact its just himself he is angry with, and has to continue existence and take responsibility for his previous actions, especially his last action. Sometimes there is a reason for things, but sometimes its just there to be cool, and so what? This is just my interpretation, and you can take it however you like. Nice that you enjoyed this video, and thanks for the long review! :)

Pretty sick

Emo, goth, no way. Grunge is more like it, and I enjoyed the song. The video was also really sweet, rotoscoping is an interesting style and I think you made it work well. I also think that the video shouldn't have had the creature at the end singing or the band members in the video, it breaks the immersion. Otherwise the video was awesome and I really enjoyed it and the music. Definatly looking these guys up. Good job, keep it up.

SecretSecretary responds:

That's great! Glad you liked it! I think people might think of the song as 'emo' and maybe 'goth' because of the visuals. Some wanted more animation of the band playing and others none at all. I like the quick flashes of the members every now and then, but that's just me. :)

Pretty decent

Now this is a decent flash, admittedly, the whole emo-girl killing herself for whatever-the-fuck reason is kinda cliche, but of course, it fit with this song.

The graphic style was good although a tad minimalist in some parts, but that's a minor complaint. The song was synced perfectly with the video and there wasn't a point in this movie that I felt like clicking away.

Keep up the good work.

SecretSecretary responds:

Its nice to hear that the video was gripping enough so that you could keep watching a full 5 minutes. Very glad this entertained you and you liked my art.

Good video.

Firstly, the animation and art style used in the video were very appealing, well done and showed great skill. They were, in essence the most powerful part of the entire animation.

The song itself I didn't find that inspiring. They were pretty good, I just think that sound and style have been rather done to death. As, sadly, has the story the video told, it made me want to roll my eyes. Your use of imagery brought some freshness but there is only so much a dead horse can be flogged.

I did come away feeling positively towards this animation. The band is good even if the sound is over exposed, and the animation was top notch.

SecretSecretary responds:

Well I'm glad you liked it overall.
thanks

Gothic

Not a fan of the whole gothic way of life. However, this vid has merits. Serious work went into animating and syncing the vid to the music. Props

SecretSecretary responds:

I didn't really think of any genre when I made this, but I guess it makes sense. This is definitely not for everyone and I'm glad you can still respect something that you are not really into. Thanks.