Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "+- The Last Journey -+"

Wow

Amazing song. 10/10 5/5 from me!

Great!

I'm thinking of reviewing a longer-than-usual review for this..
Okay. The melody is great, I like the notes. It's rather catchy, something most people like. I just find that it has a rather constant rhythm, which isn't a bad thing, but may make the song sound repetitive. But hey, aren't trance songs already repetitive?
I really like the progression. The chord progression you chose, is great, and creates a sense of epicness..
Your transition between different parts are great, there really is a flow between changes in instruments.
The synths you used match the song quite well. I believe these are presets as they are rather overused in songs here on ng. Even so, it's rather hard to tell.
The kick sound used seems muffled. I think you eq'd away the high frequencies too much.. Perhaps boosting the high frequencies will help a lot. It also seems you overused the reverb'd kick with filtered white noise. It adds a dramatic effect if you use it sparingly, but you kind of overused it to the point where it got rather annoying.
Overall, great song. The progression is where the song shines.. It's my favourite aspect of this song. Great work!

AikaMusic responds:

Thanks :D and yeah I could probably change the bass up a tad.

A work of art

I like this. The ever so slight bass, flows intricately with the rest of the song. While somwhat repetitive in parts, its that "Building up" type as opposed to the "let this crap end" type.

I rarely say this but I honestly think that you should become a professional at this. This song and several others you've created would be perfect for club scenes.

I remember hearing about a music festival for people to go and show these works. Maybe you should look into that. I think you would do well.

...

Epiclly amazingly awesomely song. :D

I like your style.

I really like the song. You did a great job with the build ups and transitions. Also, you kept it interesting the whole song.