Reviews for "Breathe With Me"

Emotive...

Thanks for the link/download to this track, really good listening. It's a very visual piece, conjures up all sorts of imagery, as all good ambient music should. The pad sounds are very contradictory in my mind, in a good way. There's a glassy/icy cold feeling to the pads in the mid to higher frequencies and yet a noteable warmth in the sound too, perhaps thanks to the subtle bass frequencies giving your ears a little hug:).
Perhaps you could develop the track even further with some extra layers, maybe some deep sub-bassy pad elements or some fx/field-recordings and some extra synth layers. Whilst the track definitely conveys your mood I still think there's scope for creating a more evolving piece. At the drop out in the middle section around 4:30 it would seem a perfect opportunity to bring the track back in with a big flourish of extra layers, sounds and development to take the end to a big crescendo, but then again, perhaps adding to much and busying up the track may be detremental to it's emotive nature, it's a hard one to call, but maybe worth trying out?

KB

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

I actually had thought of going out to my classroom and record people walking by and mixing it into a subtle background atmosphere that could provide a certain sense of "insanity", "enlightenment", or other things depending on how the track is interrupted. 4:30 is exactly where I wanted it haha, but I am not skilled enough to develop such a layered 2nd part. I did not want to stop it there, however, because I wanted to create another soothing pad development. I also had problems making the right type of sounds that, as you said, wouldnt distract from the flow of the song.

I am creating an album currently that has a mix of ambient / jazz / classical. It is all about the journey of this man who falls in love with something/someone and comes to realize its all in his head. I have been slowly improving my ambient skills and was very happy to get such a great turn out from this one. I just need to add a bit more of a "spark".

Thanks a lot KB, your one of the guys I look up to here. :)

hmm

i tried the whole close my eyes thing and i got nothin. as for the track its damn good. sounds like ME2 load screens to me, but hey its still nice good job. sorry you couldnt put me in a little trance but thats what i got weed for. It is a good track and sounds amazing though good job

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

Hey, if you can't get high off of drone music get high off of weed. ;)

Amazing

This puts the vision of a lone man, walking down an empty street, as time around him slows to a halt, and an apocalyptic event was set in motion a split second before

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

So its 8 minutes in a second? Thats a cool way of putting it.

Very moving.

I really enjoyed this, quite relaxing. At some points I felt as though there could've been a couple more layers going on to make it more interesting, but that's just personal taste.

Length was decent, maybe a little too long. I don't meditate though. :P

KEEP IT UP MAN :D

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

Well hey hey, glad you listened to the ENTIRE THING... OR DID YOU?? Thanks trance man ;)

Y'know...

Y'know, this is one of those pieces that just totally overpowers whatever's happening or has happened recently. You could laugh your ass off at a comedy, and this song'd fade it to a calm smile. You could watch a horror slasher movie, then put this song on and everything'd be just fine again.
On the other hand, i felt almost frustrated for the lack of, uhh... Well, i dunno. I felt like i needed something to shake me, y'know? All this calm without release was getting on my nerves. But that's not necessarily a bad thing, and adding too much to this song might sorta ruin it to some degree. In conclusion, i was touched enough to write this semi-long review for no other reason than to offer my thanks to the creator. I was seriously having a hard time describing how i felt, this was the best I could do.

Your new #1 fan
DrTahna

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

Hey man, thanks a lot! I make music to express my feelings for the world around me. There are many times when my feelings are far to complicated to explain verbally, so i simply dot them down in musical form and am able to make things as complicated as I want or as simple as I want. I was feeling extremley depressed when writing this song, but at the same time I was enlightened and felt a series of emotions that, as I said, can not explain to you in this reply. The feelings you felt are similiar in that they were complicated enough to where you can not necessarily describe them. Thanks for enjoying it man. I love it when people feel from what I create, it feels good ;)