Reviews for "Breathe With Me"

Enjoyable

I'm glad to see something so deserving on the top 5. There is quite a bit of depth in this piece. I has the perfect amount of drone and development where it's subtle, but still revolves around my mind over and over.

Great work :)

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

Wow, thanks for the compliments Sine! I have always enjoyed your ambient work and thought your halloween entry was very well done. I wanted this to be complete drone with chill to revolve around a mood of meditation and relaxation. I wanted it to cause you to think and visualize. I wanted it to let people breathe.

Emotive...

Thanks for the link/download to this track, really good listening. It's a very visual piece, conjures up all sorts of imagery, as all good ambient music should. The pad sounds are very contradictory in my mind, in a good way. There's a glassy/icy cold feeling to the pads in the mid to higher frequencies and yet a noteable warmth in the sound too, perhaps thanks to the subtle bass frequencies giving your ears a little hug:).
Perhaps you could develop the track even further with some extra layers, maybe some deep sub-bassy pad elements or some fx/field-recordings and some extra synth layers. Whilst the track definitely conveys your mood I still think there's scope for creating a more evolving piece. At the drop out in the middle section around 4:30 it would seem a perfect opportunity to bring the track back in with a big flourish of extra layers, sounds and development to take the end to a big crescendo, but then again, perhaps adding to much and busying up the track may be detremental to it's emotive nature, it's a hard one to call, but maybe worth trying out?

KB

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

I actually had thought of going out to my classroom and record people walking by and mixing it into a subtle background atmosphere that could provide a certain sense of "insanity", "enlightenment", or other things depending on how the track is interrupted. 4:30 is exactly where I wanted it haha, but I am not skilled enough to develop such a layered 2nd part. I did not want to stop it there, however, because I wanted to create another soothing pad development. I also had problems making the right type of sounds that, as you said, wouldnt distract from the flow of the song.

I am creating an album currently that has a mix of ambient / jazz / classical. It is all about the journey of this man who falls in love with something/someone and comes to realize its all in his head. I have been slowly improving my ambient skills and was very happy to get such a great turn out from this one. I just need to add a bit more of a "spark".

Thanks a lot KB, your one of the guys I look up to here. :)

Huh, congrats on top five.

I'd say not bad at all. Does have a emotion to it. I can't tell though if its sad or scary hehe. All in all though its a fun listen and would be used for alot of interesting parts in games and or movies. Wonderful work on this. Keep it up bro!

Wyldfyre1

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

Thanks, im glad you think its deserving of the top 5. I know how much ap stuff you listen to so that means a lot.

cool man!

nice mellow vibe- this would compliment an animation awesomely

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

I hope it will go to one some day. :)

Dude

I was watching ufo vids and weird things like that while this was playing. Suprising fit....you should offer this up to "ufo" documentaries and stuff. It was perfect! I dig it alot!

Current Score

4.56 / 5.00 (+ 0.095)

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

UFO documentaries lmao. Im planning on shooting some experimental footage of nature and nightime things with this if I have the time.