Reviews for "Chaoz Fantasy Rock/Orch."

Great!

Cheers,
Daniel

Step responds:

Hey, another review by you. Thanks, they're always very helpful!

"I liked this, original and enjoyable to listen to throughout. In particular I enjoyed the nice piano melody, the way the song evolved was also rather nice, with a nice heavy finish (right up my alley!)"

Thanks, glad you like those aspects of the song. The fact that the song evolves nicely is due to me having planned it all out from before, as I said to Rory. Usually I just compose and add new sections to a song spontaneously, but this time I had everything from the piano intro to the introduction of the guitar to the brass sections, to the guitar solo, to the ending... all planned out, and I must say that I've got to do it more often :3.

"There was two things that stood out to me however, first being that the drumming just didn't seem to fit. In terms of the composition this is my only real complaint. I think partly it's due to the samples and robotic nature, but also maybe just the choice of samples, anyways, they just didn't seem to gel with the track, to me."

True :(. I have a tendency of not humanizing any drums I make at all. I might scrap all the drums and ask my dad to drum for the song instead, but that's when I have time. D:

"The other thing is that there is just way too much hard limiting going on in this track. The 'crackling' that a previous reviewer commented on is because the track is clipping rather harshly, especially noticeable in a few areas with the heavy orchestral hits and at the end when the track reaches its climax and the heavy drumming and guitar kicks in. This to me was the biggest issue with the track (and it's a common issue with music here on NG, not just exclusive to you, unfortunately)."

I know what you mean. It's something that's out of my control, I'm afraid. I'm deaf from one ear, and for some reason that greatly affects how I easily it is for me to notice clipping. That, and my speakers are terrible :P. But yeah, I suppose you're right about that.

"Overall, good stuff, just do a little less crushing of your audio in the future to preserve some of your musics punch and clarity, loud music is no good if it's distorted when you listen to it!"

Got it. Thanks for another detailed and helpful review! You've got some really good songs, by the way.

Brilliant!

This is stunning great work!

Step responds:

Really glad you enjoyed it :).

Well...

Anyway, the intro worked very well for me, the subtle fading in of the guitar really gave a contrast to the piano, and the drums gave a very nice sense of urgency, I feel that the strings accentuated this rather nicely, Infact the melody gave it a very nice feel, the sort of piece you wold expect to see in a film on an estabblishing shot, but It was completely at odds with the rest of the song, which was a theme I thought worked really well.

Fanatstic

~Review request club~

Step responds:

Thanks for reviewing so quickly after I requested!

"I am at somewhat of a loss here, being as I haven't heard the original song, so I can't really tell what's new, and what's not."

Well, I can assure you that this is pretty different :P. The original is a DnB/Breakbeat song, and this is the complete opposite. Yeah I like to do that with my remixes.

"Anyway, the intro worked very well for me, the subtle fading in of the guitar really gave a contrast to the piano"

It's what inspired me to make this remix, actually. For the first time in my life, I actually planned the whole song structure out in my head before actually making it, when usually when I make a song, I just go with the flow.

"and the drums gave a very nice sense of urgency"

There are some mixed opinions on those drums. Personally I think they're OK but aren't as good as the drums in the original. Some people think the drums suck, others think they fit really well. So I don't know what to say to that xD.

"I feel that the strings accentuated this rather nicely, Infact the melody gave it a very nice feel, the sort of piece you wold expect to see in a film on an estabblishing shot, but It was completely at odds with the rest of the song, which was a theme I thought worked really well."

Thanks! You're not the first to tell me that my songs sound like something you'd hear in a film. I suppose I'll have to credit East/West Symphonic Orchestra for that. Its sounds are amazing.

"I was not so sure about the bridge, there seemed, to my ears at least, to be a few bum notes there, and I didn't really like the guitar part In itself."

Again, some people like the guitar solo, others don't. I think it really adds a sense of realism to the track, but maybe that's just me being a proud bastard :3.

"The ending is simple, but I feel that it works, too many songs try and and have an epic ending (I hate that word, but It's fine used in the correct context I guess), but the simple fade out here worked very well"

Yeah I suppose the ending is alright. I admittedly stole the idea of ending the song with a fade out of the strings from another song, though...

"Fanatstic"

Thanks, glad you like it!

!@$%

Your song produced so much effects on Windows Media Player visualizer and did my computer crash :'(

*Blush*

Sorry :P.

Pretty Cool

*checks if that makes sense* lol

Anyways, I loved the strings in the background -- they're very suited to the song. There does appear to be some minor reverb issues, and the snare isn't mixed quite right, although I'm not sure how I would've done it.

Step responds:

Thanks for reviewing, man! I really appreciate it.

"I really liked this, because I felt it was original, and still an effective tribute to the actual original.

*checks if that makes sense* lol"

Hmm... yeah, makes sense xD.

"Anyways, I loved the strings in the background -- they're very suited to the song."

I agree, the East/West strings are amazing. Brass and woodwind are alright, but it's not easy to beat East/West strings.

"There does appear to be some minor reverb issues, and the snare isn't mixed quite right, although I'm not sure how I would've done it."

I suck at mixing :(. Sorry for that, since I'm deaf from one ear I can't pick up the reverb issues.

"Good guitar sounds, but there is crackling at some parts, which I'm not sure is part of the sound, or maybe it's a little too loud?"

I dunno. I don't think I should make it any quieter or else it won't fit right. Maybe it's static from the recording? I don't know.

"The double kick close to the end of the song was well chosen as an intensifier, so kudos to you on that."

GronmonSE suggested that I use it, so I'll pass the kudos on to him :3.

"A pretty solid job all around, though. I like this style of music, so if you've got any more, just point me in the right direction :D"

Heh, I have loads more Orchestral hybrids, such as War Theme #1 and #2, Eclipse, Cobra, Midnight Shadows, etc... This is basically my style of music :3.

But yeah, no need to review them if you don't want to. Thanks for the helpful review!